Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katharles
Style_council
katharles

As much as I love spring trends, they have taken over the malls and left me with very limited 21st-birthday-dress-worthy options! After spending hours upon hours looking for an outfit, I gave up and settled on sparkly, gold, statement shoes.

My problem? I still don’t have a dress! I’ve recently lost a lot of weight, so most of my old dresses don’t fit very well anymore, and it’s impossible to find nice dresses in size 0. So I’ve been trying on my roommates’ dresses. The one that fits best, and is birthday worthy, is a neutral, one-shouldered body con.

I’m hesitant about the neutral dress-gold shoe combination though… and I’m so not willing to give up the shoes! What do you think? Is this colour combination a fashion faux pas?

posted about 3 years ago
hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

It works! Especially if you have a nice tan (which I can see from your pictures that you have), so it doesn’t look too blah. How about adding some statement pieces in colors? A bold, turquoise cocktail ring or a feminine, pink/gold statement necklace?

You could definetely rock it.

Here are some examples of nice statement pieces: clickie

Kate Bosworth in nude dress with gold heels

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think that combo would work :D

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I think it totally works!
With that kind of dress, you can get away with loads of accessories, like statement necklaces, big earrings, bangles and so on.
Of course in gold to be like a true glamour partygirl ;)

posted about 3 years ago

skylerjane
New_user skylerjane is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When skylerjane reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
skylerjane

I think it’ll work perfectly, actually, it sounds really cute :3 . Have fun!

posted about 3 years ago

StyleDelights
Style_council
StyleDelights

I think it could work..add some sparkly gold accessories, like a cuff bracelet and dangling earrings!

posted about 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

neutral will always great with any colors. but try to wear LBD with your gold shoes. it will be sooooo glamorous :)

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION