SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
amoedo
Style_council
amoedo

What dou you think? Together or not?
I bought today a navy blue cardigan and tried it with a black t-shirt. Ineed some advice.

posted almost 6 years ago
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

i love navy blue and black together! i posted about this a few days ago. why not? just don’t do black, blue, black, blue from head to toe. wear your cardi over your t-shirt and pair it with jeans so you don’t look too matchy-matchy.

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I love black and blue together, and I think that anyone who hates it solely because it is a “rule” is absolutely ludicrous. If you like it, do it :)

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn’t, same for everything!

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

Urgh, it looks like you couldn’t tell the difference. I always think “those colour rules” are there for a reason: to help you look good! However, in my opinion, navy looks really great with grey.

posted over 5 years ago

lifeinsideamusicbox
Style_council
lifeinsideam...

I like it… maybe to avoid the ’couldn’t tell the difference’ thing you have to make sure there is a clear difference… make sure the black isn’t faded at all, and that the navy isn’t very very dark or anything, so that it’s obvious that it was purposeful. And of course, like everything else it’s circumstantial.

posted over 5 years ago

kaleidoscopeeyes
Style_council
kaleidoscope...

i dont like it

posted over 5 years ago

Liat
Style_council
Liat

I think it can work as long as you put some color accent somewhere in your outfit,like a color bag/shoes/necklace.

posted over 5 years ago

twinkl
Shop_seller_2 twinkl is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
twinkl

Well, I do think that if it’s a color issue, it looks better to pair colors that will play off of each other/accent each other in some way. HOWEVER, I end up wearing navy + black combinations because my wardrobe limits certain cuts/silhouettes to navy and black. Like… I have a particular navy vest that would look totally awesome paired with a particular pair of black slacks. What do I do? Nix the whole outfit because of the colors? Maybe…………………….. I don’t know. I wish I had more money to buy the exact same vest in a different color.

I guess it bothers me less if the outfit is very simple.

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

I spent 13 years of school wearing the two together (we had a uniform) so I have no problem with mixing them. I’m actually doing it right now.

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

I think it depends on what you are mixing and matching. If you are goign to wear a dark navy sweater with black tights yea, but be careful when it comes to shoes and belts. What about the black and brown combo’s/

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION