Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lilaz
Style_council
lilaz

Lately I’ve been having trouble figuring out whether I want to grow out my natural hair color, or dye it something different.

The pros for natural hair color:
*Health
*Shine
*Less maintenance
*No chemicals
*Beautiful, long virgin hair
*Committing fully to my vegan/raw food diet/beauty regime

But with hair dye:
*Enhances my eyes and skin tone
*Don’t look dull and boring
*Gives unique personality

Hmm That’s all I can think of right now. lol

What do you guy’s think about hair coloring? Is it worth it? I never see anyone with natural hair color anymore…

posted over 4 years ago
miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

i hadn’t dyed my hair at all until last year…i wanted to dye it a chocolate brown, but then they messed it up and it turned chesnut. then i thought red hair was a good look on me…it was so not! so when i tried to dye it chocolate brown, they messed up, and it actually turned out to be a jet black. at first i was devastated, but then i grew to love it. now my hair color has really faded and it actually looks kind of brown…but i haven’t dyed it since summer and i’m not sure if i will again.

one big pro of having your hair natural is that it’s cheaper! you don’t have to spend extra money on hair color maintenance :)

posted over 4 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i think it’s alright, not sure about the environmental effects however. i definitely agree on the fact that dyed hair can really enhance your eyes and skin tone. but perhaps you can just try different styles or cuts to add interest to your hair with the natural colour, if it isn’t quite your ideal shade.

and maybe you can experiment with a transition.. do your roots with a colour that is in between your dyed colour and natural one, so if you did want to grow it out it wouldnt be a drastic difference. (this is what im doing, hair is dyed black, natural colour is light brown, so i’ve been doing my roots with a dark brown as they grow in)

posted over 4 years ago

lilaz
Style_council
lilaz

That’s another reason I hate to dye my hair, the stylist never gets it the way I really want it to be! And my hair currently has a red tone to it, but I want more of a ashy light brown color.

Any tips on how to achieve this?

posted over 4 years ago

farahdiva
Style_council
farahdiva

I’ve never died my hair, EVER, I’m 28 and it’s salt n’ pepper right now! BUT.. I have a friend (Kat) who works at a high end salon who said there’s new product called INOA by L’Oréal Professionnel that I should try. I guess it’s only offered in hair salons at the moment but it’s supposed to be the newest technology…

The issue for me is that I’ve always thought of hair coloring as difficult (especially since I have very long hair), messy, expensive & cumbersome, but my friend says I really should give this a try…

I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of it or can suggest any particular ideas regarding a first-time hair coloring experience?

posted almost 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I recently had this exact problem. My natural hair color is medium cool/mousy brown and I’ve been dying it dark chocolate brown. I also only use semi-permanent dye so it won’t damage my hair too much. Anyway, I hadn’t dyed my hair in 6 months and had to make a decision….hair dye it is.

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Try to go for a hair dye without ammonia – Revlon Colorsilk has been pretty good for me and it’s super cheap. My hair is naturally dark brown with strange highlights and I went from that to orange-red to dark brown. Recently I dyed it slightly lighter brown and that helped even the colour out a lot : )

Check out my most recent photo to see my hair

GLADYSIYAJI
New_user GLADYSIYAJI is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When GLADYSIYAJI reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
GLADYSIYAJI

Hair coloring is not worth it cos the chemical used in applying to d hair damage your hair even more.

posted 5 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION