Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kat18
Style_council
kat18

Hey! I’m African American and am starting to go natural with my hair and instead of having the big chop, I’m going to let it slowly transition. What are some good products to use on transitioning hair and hairstyles to keep hair protected? Anyone is free to answer this question=)

posted almost 4 years ago
AmbitiousJoy
Style_council
AmbitiousJoy

I am doing the same. I’m currently wearing a sew-in. You can also try lace front wigs. Both styles will allow for an easy transition since your hair is braided for both.

askate13
Style_council
askate13

Hey. I have an easy tip. My hair has natural tight curls and I’ve gotten tired of going to the hairdresser. Anyway…..I wash my hair…dry it with a towel, so it’s damp, not soaking wet….put in leave-in conditioner or regular conditioner…..braid my hair in about 1/2 inch thick braids/or whatever consistency I want my hair to be……let it dry for about half hour to an hour….then take he braids out…..Sometimes I put gel or hairspray when braiding. Or… (if you havent washed it) you can dampen your hair and then follow the steps.

It only takes a few minutes to do and i usually do this when my hair is dry, before I start getting ready for the day. This way, by the time i get ready to leave, my hair will be dry. You can style it which ever way from there.

gabbywicks
Style_council
gabbywicks

Hi im a natural head too. I been natural for 1 year now and im so loving it. I think you ladies should check out www.longhaircareforum.com it helped on my journey to becoming natural:) It lets you know what products to use, styles to keep hair protected and more. They even have threads for big chop, transitioning, protective styles and more!!!

jaceface
Style_council
jaceface

Hair mayonnaise! totally amazing!
I also use a texturizer to keep my curls from frizzing :)

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

im natural now. i have a sew in b/c im waiting for it to get a little bit longer
try the brand kinky-curly
just keep it moisturized and limit the heat for a while. i have this great moisturizer, but idr the name!! msg me and by then, i’ll be able to tell you the name =) good luck and dont give up!!

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

both

posted about 2 years ago

angelluv203
Style_council
angelluv203

I’ve been natural all my life and i have to say everyone here has given some really good advice

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION