Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’m a magpie when it comes to interesting clothes I normally wouldn’t wear, but I never know how to acclimate them into my wardrobe. here’s the shirt: it’s basically a button-down blouse in sheer, cream chiffon with opaque panels for the chest/back. the back of the shirt splits into a tail right under the bust.

I would definitely belt it where the chiffon hits the opaque fabric, BUT I personally wouldn’t wear it alone with pants—I just think it looks a little weird seeing the top of your jeans/pants through the shirt, especially with the exposed, forked back.

any suggestions?

posted over 2 years ago
anni_dot_elle
Style_council
anni_dot_elle

First off – that is a heck of a pretty shirt.

Second, the different fabric/sheer texture mixed with other colors and your skin tone is actually one of the things that will make it really interesting to look at, so try not to worry about that too much. You can always wear a camisole/unitard under the blouse first and tuck that into jeans/pants so there isn’t that awkward forked back and if the layer under is a stronger color like red you could probably do some fun color blocking just through the sheer layering. If you don’t want to go with pants, try skirts for another option. A high-low hem skirt with the shirt over or tucked and belted a little under the split in the shirt (so you can show off both fabrics) could give it a really elegant look. If you tuck in the shirt you also don’t have the danger of the tails flying up because of the wind. Or you could wear it over a body con skirt/jumpsuit to switch it up a bit and make it more casual.

posted over 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

Belt it so the sheer part pops more or toe the shirt in front and add some high waisted shorts

posted over 2 years ago

breannalrose
Style_council
breannalrose

This shirt SCREAMS disco shorts/pants! I would pair it with a simple lace bra underneath and a belt if you think it looks a bit frumpy.

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

Since it’s such a simple top, try adding a pop of neon with a neon pencil or bodycon skirt underneath!

posted over 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

nice! try something colorful, like red or royal blue shorts, a golden necklace, wedges, and a pretty purse or clutch!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION