Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Burn_That_Dress
Style_council
Burn_That_Dress

For my art class(for safety reasons) I am required to wear jeans, closed-toed shoes and am restricted from wearing long sleeves, jewelry, or loose/baggy clothing. Well, that pretty much limits my wardrobe to be honest. So, do any of you have any photos/inspiration/advice that fit this criteria of pants and non lose/baggy clothing? Most of my own wardrobe is constructed of all these “safety-hazards” so I’m kind of at a loss. Any sort of advice or inspiration is much appreciated. _

posted almost 3 years ago
MizQT
New_user MizQT is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MizQT reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MizQT

Fashion is not only about what clothes you wear, there are many other ways you can express your individual style, try a new hair do, some funky nail polish etc.

In terms of what you are allowed to wear, since you feel that your options are so limited, I would suggest trying bold cloured embellished pumps. Dark wash jeans with floral short sleeved shirts. Stripes, spots, tye dye the list goes on and on.

You are only limited by your imagination.

miyukisarah
Style_council
miyukisarah

Think patterns.

urbanbohemianluv
Style_council
urbanbohemia...

Contrare to what you might think there are lots of ways to go! Jeans: cropped, boyfriend, flare, acid wash, stovepipe, black, dark rinse. Shirts: patterned. Shoes: oxfords, tennis shoes (if you wear them) flats (embellished, patterned, etc.) There may be less options but many different ways you can go. And just think, this will help you to create new outfits and make your wardrobe bigger without spending so much!!

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

maybe you can make baggy tops less “baggy” for example throw a strictured 3/4 blazer or short sleeve cardigan with a belt to make tops less baggy,
you can also invest in tunics with leggings

andreaminoza
Style_council
andreaminoza

I recommend you to wear a nice top, something unique but defines who you are. If you want to wear a blazer, you can fold them but still be stylish. You can view my profile for some ideas :)

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Sure! skinny jeans showcase your legs and give personality, so try them out! as for tops, solid fitted pieces are easy to find and can be jazzed up with a contrasting belt, headscarf, or shoes. however, patterns like florals and flannel go great with jeans. your possibility for shoes are endless, but Oxfords have been a favorite of mine recently. Parameters for dressing always suck to work with, but don’t be afraid to wear what you want!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION