Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SewScarlet
Style_council
SewScarlet

I have a dilemma. I am a full time waitress, and working on my feet for many years I have issues, PLUS bunions run in my family. I can not wear narrow shoes, experts think I should wear ‘mens’ size sneakers because they have more room in the toe area. Keds are too narrow, and Converse is not comfortable at all. Any ideas!!???? I don’t want my feet looking gigantic in relation to my legs etc. like a cartoon character this summer.

posted over 4 years ago
manea
Style_council
manea

I bought myself a pair of Born sneakers and they’re absolutely wonderful! I have huge feet and they actually make them look smaller. They’re a little bit pricey, but trust me, they’re well worth it! Here’s the pair I own, but there’s more styles online and I bet you could get them cheaper at another site. http://www.zappos.com/born-paulina-black-suede

posted over 4 years ago

Ashley_K
Style_council
Ashley_K

Well, at the moment the whole contrast look is in so you see a lot of pictures with people wearing doc martens with pretty dresses. Try TOMS Shoes aswell. Good Luck!

posted over 4 years ago

OliviaParker
Style_council
OliviaParker

I run into similar problems. I love the look of keds and converse, but I needed more comfort so I bought sneakers from Urban Outfitters. Same look, more comfort. For sure worth trying! x

posted over 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

I have collapsed arches, wideass feet, and bunions. I have orthotics to correct my stance, and when I wear those in converse or plimsoles from rite aid my feet are happy.

So, if you have insurance… See a podiatrist.

If you don’t, I would recommend buying shoes that have a fairly inflexible sole and a thicker portion underneath the heel. That helps A LOT. I am fine when I wear high heels, wedges, etc., with platforms underneath the toes because they tend to absorb a lot of shock to the heel and also have inflexible ball-of-the-foot areas.

I also know that when I worked in a bakery, I just said “fuck fashion” and wore flares and dansko clogs, and I think that was a good choice. It may not have done much for looking cute, but at some point, function does need to come before form.

posted over 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

Also, Keds are no good for wide feet. At least the classic ones.

Seriously, the “fun steps” shoes from rite aid are like 6 bucks, super cute, and really comfortable.

I think New Balance makes some decently cute retro sneakers. I see them at DSW sometimes.

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If they suit your legs, then high top sneakers, like 80s style ones. They’re really comfortable and usually are not very narrow. It all depends on what you wear when working though as to how they will look.

My other suggestion would be a classic lace up sneaker, like these Lacoste and Nike ones (adidas sell plenty of similar styles too):
http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-white-and-green-lacoste-avant/1952151720/
http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-black-and-grey-nike-court-tradition-ii/1904227120/

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Why not try Vans? I use those for work.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

love toms, and you can try airwalks, which are like vans and keds and converse, but they’re a bit more roomy in my opinion. you could try skate shoes like etnies or osiris, if you’re allowed.

posted over 4 years ago

taralily
Style_council
taralily

Why not Reeboks? They will look silly with a really dressy outfit though. Can work with basic skirts. Try the plain white ones. They’re really, really comfortable which is the key factor in this scenario.

http://www.hobotraveler.com/blogphotos01/209-332-reeboks.jpg

posted over 4 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

TOMS are pretty comfy, and cute, in my opinion. They come with a cushy insole but you can always get some gel insoles for added comfort.

posted over 4 years ago

yamiann
Style_council
yamiann

converse’s or keds or both classics

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

maybe vans?

posted over 4 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

i was gonna say converse [[like the chuck taylors]] but you don’t like those
but you should definitly try some vans slip ons.
they’re very comfortable [[you might wanna go with a solid color one so itll be more versitile]] and there are even more girlier shapes [[?]] so you can wear them out of work.

posted over 4 years ago

denycemartinez
Style_council
denycemartinez

toms are comfortable after they’re broken in!

posted over 3 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

converses guess…but if u re a waitress i dont think you can wear them at work

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION