Twitter
Googleplus
Akira321
New_user Akira321 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Akira321 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Akira321

I have a short denim miniskirt that I think is really sexy – but a girlfriend recently told me that I should stop wearing it because it is too short for someone my age. She took a pic of me out shopping recently and while I agree it is short – it does cover the important stuff. Should I stop wearing it?

posted over 2 years ago
AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Well, how old are you about?
You already know people are going to say wear what makes you feel comfy.
If she razzes you again about wearing the skirt, take it off right in front of her and ask if she is happy now. She will never razz you about your style again.

posted over 2 years ago

Akira321

10 points - Become a fan

Akira321

LOL! BTW i am 30

posted about 2 years ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

Yes, miniskirts are a no go for people above their late 20s. I’m in my early 20’s and I’m getting more conservative. It’s so sad! But it’s a must. BUT you can wear it in occasions such as if you go clubbing, I mean I’m sure no will judge you then. :)

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

depends on whether or not you care what people think. in situations where others’ opinions matter—e.g. at work, at an interview, a networking event, etc—definitely don’t. but I think if you’re out with your girlfriends and you’re just having fun, you really are entitled to wear whatever makes you feel confident :).

but definitely evaluate how you’re styling the skirt, because I’m sure there are more sophisticated ways to pull it off.

posted about 2 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Oh please. 30 is young. Wear it.

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Just wear the skirt and rock it!

posted about 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

A 30 year-old woman should look elegantly sexy, and such a mini skirt would not look elegant even on a 20 year old girl. It makes you look cheap, I know you may feel sexy wearing this but try to keep it for your personal moments.

posted about 2 years ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

the important is the body…not the age!

posted about 2 years ago

robin77
Style_council
robin77

Good grief, over-the-hill at 30 (sigh). Do I have to shop at Talbot’s now??? ; (

posted about 2 years ago

stylesplash
Style_council
stylesplash

Age is just a number – if you love it and enjoy wearing it don’t worry about what other people think.

posted about 2 years ago

fashionluvr
Style_council
fashionluvr

I hate to see people place an age on what’s appropriate to wear and what’s not. I don’t agree with many of these “rules”. Trends can often be adopted by women of all ages, especially with a little creativity. For example, I wouldn’t be a fan of floral jeans on my 40+ yr old wife, but there are other ways to put florals to work for her. Similarly, a bright neon dress might seem too ‘young’ but she could pull off a pair of neon heels or accent piece to embrace the trend. When it comes to Akira321’s question of a mini-skirt, I guess it may come down to just how mini it is! My wife still rocks a denim mini-skirt and it will be a sad day indeed if she ever stops. :-) As a guy who likes to shop and buy for her, I’ve learned that a denim mini that measures 14" from waist to hem (like she used to wear when we met 10+ yrs ago) is too short by her own comfort standards now; if I go with a 16" mini, though, she loves it and wears it all summer. So please don’t go by age and place labels on your personal style and fashion choices – find what works for you and embrace a chic life! :)

posted about 2 years ago

Akira321

10 points - Become a fan

Akira321

Thanks for all the feedback. BTW I posted the pic she took as a photo poll. Maybe it will change some opinions? Anyway thanks for the feedback! http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/738050-Too+short+skirt-denim-skirt-heels

posted about 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Nothing wrong with that skirt. The outfit seems to work alright.
Something you seemed to have overlooked – When she took that pic, given the angle of the view, she must have been crouching to get that shot. She mentions your skirt and took that photo. I think she actually ENJOYS it when you wear skirts that short.

posted about 2 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

I really want to stop wearing mini skirts, but the problem is that there are more mini skirts and mini dresses on the stores than decent sized clothes. And when there are midi dresses or skirts they are made from a bad fabric like bodycon or polyester that can reveal too much… So the solution is to add the sexy style and wear mini skirts

posted about 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

That looks ok…..don’t see why your friend was giving you such a hard time about it

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION