Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
octopusfever
Style_council
octopusfever

Hey everyone. So I’ve always been really into style and I LOVE putting outfits together everyday. I’ve thought about it as a career, but I’m not sure what to do (if I do choose to work in fashion). I don’t know if I’m really big into creating something, but I could, in a sense. I’ve thought about being a fashion stylist.
Do fashion stylists draw out what they like and then give it to the designer? What are all the aspects of fashion? From what I wrote, is the road to being a fashion stylist the road for me?

posted over 5 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Stylists do not make new clothes, they simply take existing clothes and put together a look or an outfit — a tangible expression of some mood or theme or whatever.

If you’re interested in fashion careers, there are lots of books and resources out there (like Ed2010.com, etc.) I would suggest you contact local stores/model agencies/artist agencies/designers to see where you can get an internship or some experience. You should try things out now and try to figure out what aspects of fashion you enjoy the most.

posted over 5 years ago

octopusfever
Style_council
octopusfever

OK, thanks so much!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION