SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  sneakersmauvemauve sneakersoutfit helpshoessuperga
Burn_That_Dress
Style_council
Burn_That_Dress

I recently bought a pair of mauve colored sneakers (Superga) simply because I love the color. And while the shoes look great on their own, when it comes to pairing them in an outfit I’m at a loss. Usually when I pair the mauve shoes with jeans or tights the outfits tend to come across as too girlie or juvenile (some mistake the shoes as a light pink). Any ideas on how to style an outfit with mauve colored sneakers without coming across as such?

posted 12 months ago
StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

maybe an all white outfit or black bottoms! stick with neutral colours so that your outfit and shoes don’t clash

posted 12 months ago

StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

maybe an all white outfit or black bottoms! stick with neutral colours so that your outfit and shoes don’t clash

posted 12 months ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Just like Stylistcall… mentioned above, avoid clashing.

More ideas to do that is to wear a skater skirt, but not in a girlie color. White, dark grey, black, blue etc. will be better choices. Else you can also pair denim-cut-offs that look rugged., just to counter the effect of the color mauve.

Moreover the idea is to give your legs as breathing space between your sneakers and your outfit.

P.S. The way we imagine, the sneakers must be real nice!

posted 12 months ago

Fran123
Style_council
Fran123

I’ve found out plum is going to be the new color of the year. Mauve should fit in with the style :)

posted 12 months ago

RachelleBush
Style_council
RachelleBush

Maybe with a neutral color like a beige or light Blue. Something soft and fresh looking

posted 12 months ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I would definitely think white or light purple. Since those are light colors and so are your shoes, it’ll match quite well

posted 12 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION