SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Eclecctic
Style_council
Eclecctic

Hey folks, so let me briefly talk u through the wonder that is me :P
First of all I’m female and I’m not slim but not that fat – I think the preferred term is ‘curvy’ i.e. chubby :P and i’m averge height – 5 6/5 7
Anyway starting from the top, I have really broad shoulders, A very large bust, A defined but not tiny waist, relatively no hips/ narrow hips, a big butt and I carry my weight on my upper arms belly and thighs (pretty standard really)

Soooooo that’s me… but this leaves me with a number of issues:
Broad shoulders = bad in high necked tops
Big chest = looks HUGE in high necked tops – therefore bad, but I don’t like showing too much cleavage – I don’t know what type of dresses and tops to buy to flatter a large bust cause I’m pretty young and I love dressing quirkily and kinda modern, but I’m always recommended really classy dresses and tops which is great when u want to look classy but not great wen u want to be looking ‘current’ so any advice hear would be soooo appreciated – also any really good bra brands u could recommend would be super (I’m 32 GG-H so they need to do small rib measurements and large cup measurements – I’d like to point out my boobs are real and I’m not proud of them – I’m definitely not boasting)
Moving on….
I kinda look slim from the front but not from the side
And I don’t know what to do to hide/disguise my chubby bits without wearing a boiler suit :S
Gosh this has turned into such a rant :P
I’m sorry
If ur still reading congrats
I dunno what’s up with me I always no what flatters other people but not what suits me ? – bad times
Anyway I need to find a way to flatter my awkward body, I don’t hate it I just want to make the most of it.
If u have any advice I would be super appreciative.
Thanks a billion,
Mwa xxxx

posted about 4 years ago
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

my roommate sam is a size 30F and she always has a hard time with shirts, too. Maybe if you like wearing dresses you could try some with strategic gathering under the bustline to direct all eyes to your waist. My roomie also wears blazers that tie around the waist a lot. help at all?

I’m the exact opposite kind of awkward.
I’m about your height, but I have 32B boobs, a 24inch waist and 38 inch GIANT hips. haha.

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Heya! I think I have a large bust compared to the rest of my body… so hopefully I can give a bit of advice.
Try and steer clear of high necked tops as it will definitely emphasise your chest. Boat neck tops will also draw attention to your shoulders, I think it’s better to go with tops that have a scoop neck or a vneck, and they are flattering too.
I agree with what mariebeedee has said above. Choose skirts that are more detailed/ have a bright colour/ are patterned. It will add balance and draw attention to your lower half. A-line and full skirts are very flattering. You could also try pencil skirts, which will hug your curves, think pin up girl style! You can also wear bright coloured or patterned stockings.
I think high waisted stuff also looks really good and is great at hiding your belly and thighs! :) You can emphasise your waist with a high waist belt too.
But remember these are just general tips, it’s up to you to decide what works/doesn’t work for you. try lots of different styles and items of clothing on and be creative, good luck!

posted about 4 years ago

Ayaz_Raja
Style_council
Ayaz_Raja

You sound stunning the way you are.

posted about 4 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

tunics are always difficult to wear with my bust.
avoid tops with built in bra liners!
as far as wasit belts, as long as they aren’t tucked directly under your bust they can take the emphasis away from it

posted about 4 years ago

Eclecctic
Style_council
Eclecctic

Thank u!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION