Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
maria1703
Style_council
maria1703

I´m going to London in June/July, and I wondered where I should go shopping, are there any specific places you like? And also cool things to see. Thanks!

posted over 5 years ago
hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

Oxford Street is your best bet for all the main highstreet shops, like Topshop etc etc. I loove Covent Garden and such, there’s Rokit (the ivntage store) and that there..also there’s Carnaby street for shopping aswell! These are just my personal faves though, haha (I’ve not yet have a chance to go to Brick Lane etc)

posted over 5 years ago

englishrose_87
Style_council
englishrose_87

Yeah Oxford Street has the massive Topshop, which is pretty amazing, but you are probably better off going to Brick Lane area for something more unique. Or maybe try out markets like Spitalfields or Dover Street Market. Also you should try to go to Borough Market for lunch…..amazing food!hope that was all a bit useful!have a nice trip :)

posted over 5 years ago

ohmondieu
Style_council
ohmondieu

Also hit up the Primark on Oxford Street, its on the Park Lane side of the street if I remember correctly, down next to the Marble Arch. They are known for cool pieces and VERY cheap prices.

Also, Kinghtbridge is fun, that’s where Harod’s is along with a bunch of posh shops, but there’s also a nice H&M. You might not be able to afford anything, but it’s fun to walk around and see, it’s a pretty part of town.

I also really like Selfridges, which is an AMAZING department store also on Oxford Street. It’s almost like a mall because there are a bunch of little boutiques, all name brands from Topshop to Chanel, but they are all inside an awesome department store.

One cool store is River Island, they have stuff similar to Topshop, but the prices are often better. I got a pair of jersey plimsolls from RI for 5 pounds less the the ones that look EXACTLY the same at Topman.

At Oxford Circus you can go down Regent Street as well which is a cool street with some nice shops on it and will take you down to Picadilly sp Circus.

Also, like mentioned before, Covent Garden and the area around it cool.

You might also want to check out Chinatown.

I did a study abroad in Oxford last fall and would pretty much go to LDN every weekend, mostly to go shopping. I don’t know if you care, but my favorite shopping route was to start in Knightsbrigde at Harod’s, have breakfast at the Harod’s bakery, (the only semi-affordable thing there) then walked up either Park Lane Road or through Hyde Park up to Oxford Street/Marble Arch. The Primark was right there, and then would continue on down Oxford Street hitting up the shops. There are multiples of everything, theres a RI and New Look and everything down by the Primark, and then there are other locations down by Oxford Circus. Selfridges is past the Primark on the way to Oxford Circus where the big-major-greatest-thing-in-the-world Topshop/man is, along with literally 5 H&M, and a really good Urban Outfitters. The stores up there are bigger and have more stuff. Then turn around and go back to Oxford Circus and would go down Regent Street.

Sorry if thats WAY too much/overkill but I always loved doing that soooo much. Its a long walk so if you don’t like to walk, you can just take the tube, but its a pretty walk through Hyde Park and just around in general. London’s a big city and I wouldn’t have figured out my path from just one visit.

Sorry, one last note, Oxford Street has a website, so you might want to check it out and do some research on the different stores.

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

You could head to Dover Street market, if even just for a look. It’s Rei Kawakubo’s place, the woman behind Comme des Garçons? I hear it’s amazing. Like the posters before me, I love Covent Garden as there’s such a nice atmosphere around there.

There is also a FANTASTIC shopping centre in Shepherd’s Bush called Westfield, which has just opened up. I believe you get off the tube at Shepherd’s Bush station itself and it’s right next to it – there are some 250 stores and restuarants with everything from Gucci to H&M. I love it. Have fun in London – it’s my favourite city in the world!

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION