Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Do you believe in wearing only frames without the lenses?

I saw a girl today at work wearing Chanel frames without the lenses. I thought it looked silly, childish and it also played down the prestige of Chanel. On the other hand, I think it’s okay to wear glasses with non-prescriptive lenses for those that don’t need to correct their vision.

posted almost 4 years ago
fefe12
Style_council
fefe12

So true. Don’t disrespect Chanel like that. But I don’t like people wearing glasses unnecessarily either. You wouldn’t wear braces if you didn’t need them, right? It’s just ridiculous.

PaleFeathers
Style_council
PaleFeathers

Yeah, I don’t get why people wear lense-less glasses if they don’t need them, it is alot like wearing braces if you don’t need them. Maybe it’s because I have real-life bad vision that it bothers me.

Maybubble
Style_council
Maybubble

i own both lenseless and lensed glasses, personally i think they look fine…depending the outfit though

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i wear glasses because i have terrible vision and i usually opt for contacts so this is ridic. at least keep the plastic lenses in there

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I think it’s just silly. I understand that glasses can be an accessory, but it’s my personal opinion that they look weird without lenses.

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

i think only nerd glasses are cool without lenses.

alatheishtape
Style_council
alatheishtape

I think they are just another accessory. It all depends on if the person wearing them can pull them off.

fruti
Style_council
fruti

I think it’s just silly. Especially these days where people think they’re so cool with their nerd glasses and all w/o the lens, umm no man.

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

i think it looks weird (unless you wear it for halloween) if it’s to complete a style or certain look at least wear the lenses even if it’s not prescription.

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

no. I dont likethem!

MarieMarieMarie
Style_council
MarieMarieMarie

What’s the point? I mean, did they actually go to the trouble of popping the lenses out of Chanel frames? That’s so silly! I agree though, that it’s OK to wear prescription-less glasses- just so long as there’s a lens!!!

askate13
Style_council
askate13

Silly and ridiculous. Especially when you can have them replaced with regular lenses.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think it’s a bit silly to wear glasses without the lens… especially the nerd style glasses with the thick frames, it looks so tryhard indie to me! At least have clear lenses so they look like real glasses! :P

Myaker
Style_council
Myaker

Blehk. Thats all i have to say.

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

I think it looks stupid when it hasn’t got any lenses but if it has some I quite like it sometimes.

WyeChin
Style_council
WyeChin

Powerless glasses are forgivable but lensless glasses just make me laugh!

yumyumvintage
Style_council
yumyumvintage

I think the glases are broken if they dont have lenses. In pictures they are not so bad but in person it looks dumb. Though are not glases supposed to make you look smart…

omgitscamille
Style_council
omgitscamille

well its the whole ‘nerd look’.i used to like them but theyve been out for so long that it just looks dumb to wear it now

BlueLove
Style_council
BlueLove

glasses with lenses that dont have perscriptions are fine
glasses with out lenses at all…not so much

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

yea. you might as well have lenses in. if they arent perscription, dont tell anyone! if its for fashions sake, be smart about it

REPLY TO DISCUSSION