Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
toripf
Style_council
toripf

How do you feel about the “leggings as pants” style?
Personally, I think it’s cute if the top ends mid-thigh. Tunic style is always really cute too.

posted about 3 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I think they’re fine, as long as the shirt/tunic isn’t too long or too short. Anything near knee-length and you should just wear tights, anything too short and you should definitely wear some real pants haha

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

No…nonono.

If leggings were ment to be worn as pants, they would be called…well, pants.

posted about 3 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

the top(tunic/shirt/dress/etc) that i wear with leggings always has to cover my bum :P that’s what i go by

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

if leggings weren’t meant to be worn as pants.. how else would you wear them? they look awful as a tights substitute, so I guess the answer is they should never be worn?

posted about 3 years ago

Humming
Style_council
Humming

But, leggings as pants, what does that mean actually?
The tunic must be as long as a mini dress? Then it’s ok? But if it shows the butt, then it’s not ok?

posted about 3 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

as long as the bum is covered at least 3/4 of the way. I find it gross when it somehow wedges into their butt crack without them noticing or bother to pick it out and their shirt isn’t even covering the whole situation (it’s way to common where I live)

posted about 3 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

No leggings as pants! Whatever top/dress you are wearing should cover your entire behind!

posted about 3 years ago

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

3 years ago I wore them an pants all the time. They are comfy and don’t have the annoying butttons and weird pockets like pants do. Now I see where I was wrong. But even now I am slowly getting back into the mindset that they can sometimes work as pants. As long as no panty lines and are completely opaque they are okay with me.

posted about 3 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

as long as top is longer

posted about 3 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

top should sit a little past your hips imo bc it looks weird. here girls wear short tops with leggings and you can see their thongs… :X
i usually pair mine with tunics/shirtdresses (see my posts)

posted about 3 years ago

akbay
Style_council
akbay

Leggings with a tunic length top is great, I’m not fond of leggings when you can see the person’s behind when they are standing. I’m not sure why so many people seem against wearing leggings with longer items, sometimes leggings can be used in the place of tights IMHO, it depends on the outfit and the leggings.

posted about 3 years ago

sugarsugar_dina
Style_council
sugarsugar_dina

I like it with a long T as long as not too much is visible haha XD

posted about 3 years ago

fmajor
Style_council
fmajor

I think it’s OK as long as
a.) it’s not see-thru leggings (camel toe is just awful)
b.) your top decently covers your butt

posted about 3 years ago

H07xox
Style_council
H07xox

i prefer regular jeans but theyr’e fine

posted about 3 years ago

ttttiffanieex33
Style_council
ttttiffanieex33

They’re really comfortable. They’re cute to wear under tunics or babydoll dresses. :) But I sometimes prefer jeans instead. But they’re cute for the winter!

posted about 3 years ago

arisfh
New_user arisfh is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When arisfh reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
arisfh

Generally, I dislike it quite a bit, but there could be some exceptions. As most people are saying, it’s definitely better if the top is more tunic-y and covers your butt. I personally find this style isn’t very flattering on a lot of people though. Just wear some pants!

posted about 3 years ago

TobiasLuciaStarr
Style_council
TobiasLuciaS...

Only if it’s with a tunic for me

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree with rewong: Make sure your butt and crotch are covered and the fabric’s not see-through, and you’re golden. There are definitely tunic tops that work perfectly with leggings. But don’t just throw on any old top . . . especially if you’re someone with a long torso, like me, a t-shirt of regular length is not long enough.

I disagree with newamericanclassic about leggings not looking good in place of tights. I also love leggings for short skirts and dresses that feel indecent with bare legs, and I often wear leggings in place of tights in winter since they’re warmer and with boots you can’t see they’re footless. I think leggings are more like tights than they are like pants.

posted about 3 years ago

MizQT
New_user MizQT is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MizQT reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MizQT

It’s one of my most loved trend esp for spring when its a bit warm for jeans and a bit cool to go bare legged.

My tip would be to make sure that the top is long enough to cover yout bottom.
It’s also one of those looks that can be dressed up or down depending on your mood.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION