Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
taralily
Style_council
taralily

I unexpectedly bought a leather jacket at a great bargain price yesterday and I am absolutely in LOVE with it!

My question is, can you wear them year round, or are they seasonal? Warmer weather is coming, and I live in southern New York. Some have said leather jackets are more for fall/winter, but do they look that out of place in warmer months?

posted about 5 years ago
Katy90
Style_council
Katy90

I think leather jacket is so cool, wear it when ever you feel like wearing it. I don’t think they will look out of place in warmer times:)

posted about 5 years ago

MerryThePrankster
Style_council
MerryThePran...

It depends on the jacket, really. If it’s a blazer or a longer jacket, it should probably be relegated to autumn and winter if you’re uncertain. However, if it’s your classic, well-fitted motorcycle jacket, it can and should be worn anytime and with just about anything.

posted about 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Leather jackets are really good insulators, even if it looks alright, you may not feel alright!
Unless you ride a motorcycle, I wouldn’t wear a leather jacket in the summer since it wouldn’t serve any function.

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I totally agree with the weather comments and the jacket. You obviously dont need it if its hot out. But if its night time or something like that, a leather jacket in the summer will look more edgy and tough. Since not a lot of people will be wearing there’s.

posted about 5 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

Eh after May I’d probably put it away. They’re REALLY warm!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION