Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KillaHilla
Style_council
KillaHilla

Hey everyone! I am going to Las Vegas in less than two months! I am super excited, it will be a girls trip with all of the women in my family. The thing is, I have never been there and I just don’t know what to wear.
We don’t want the hassle of checked baggage so I am just carrying on a small suitcase and the largest purse I can find. What should I buy/bring/wear?

Thanks for your help =)

posted over 4 years ago
New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have been there A LOT! I have family that lives there. Are you 21? Because I am not and honestly after being there so many times, its not that fun for me. But go to some of the shows! They are amazing! Especially Love.

So you will be going in May? You are lucky and are missing the winter! It gets so cold. Brrrr. It is going to be HOT! I would recommend lots of short and breezy, loose shirts. I am from San Diego, so I would wear the same thing in Vegas as I do at home. Lots of beach clothing. Nothing heavy.

posted over 4 years ago

KillaHilla
Style_council
KillaHilla

Unfortunately I’m only 19, so of course that limits what I’ll be doing. Probably be doing some shopping, and hanging out by the pool, we are staying at the Wynn and I hear it has a gorgeous pool. I’m hoping to see some of the famous Vegas shows as well.

posted over 4 years ago

v_toria
Style_council
v_toria

There are some great outlet malls. One right near the airport, but the better one is a bit further off the strip. Also the old strip is really neat.

posted over 4 years ago

ohgemma
Style_council
ohgemma

I went to Las Vegas in November. It was sooo cold. But you won’t need to worry about that :)
Clothes-wise, anything goes. In the clubs especially, people were dressed outrageously. But during the day most people looked pretty casual. Just wear whatever you’re comfortable in in the heat?
The Wynn is amazing! I didn’t see the pool but even the lobby is really cool, haha.

posted over 4 years ago

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I went in Sept and it was so hot, just all day dry heat until the evening. I too did not want n e thing checked so I just packed a bunch of lightweight and easy to wear dresses, a couple pair of sandals that went with each dress and were comfortable to walk in. We stayed at the Palms and although we took the Deuce up to the strip we still did tons of walking thru every single shopping center. I also packed a few club outfits and two pairs of really dressy shoes. Lastly a bikini for each day since the pool was amazing. The Wynn is a great place and the cool thing is that you can visit another hotel’s pool.

There is so much shopping on the strip between each hotels shopping and the couple of malls that I wished I brought a larger bag and had no room to bring alot things back but alot of stores were willing to ship it or you could do it yourself before you return. The best advice would be to make sure you get a Deuce Pass for $7 and you will have a ride up and down the strip all day which comes in handy late at night when you just want to get home. Overall you’re gonna have a great time

posted over 4 years ago

sniels35
Style_council
sniels35

i go there ALL THE TIME! seriously tho, if you want to look super chic bring heels but also bring a pair of comfortable shoes cuz you will be doing LOTS of walking! (ive made the mistake of only bringing heels and by the time i left my feet were killing me) Vegas is known for is night look so be sure to bring some edgy-night look clothes!

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

You need to bring a little bit of everything!
During the day, you’ll want to be comf w all the walking around you’ll be doing! and it’s gonna be hella hott!!
The night scene is awesome, so lk sniels35 said bring you some heels!!

I’ve only been once, and was underage, and it was during Christmas, so it was pretty cold! I plan on going for my bday this year!

Have fun!! THere is soo much you can do in Vegas! Not just gamble!!

posted over 4 years ago

KillaHilla
Style_council
KillaHilla

Thanks everyone! I’m so excited, only one month until my trip =)
I definitely took your advice, and did a little shopping for some cute outfits.

posted over 4 years ago

Diana755
Style_council
Diana755

hi killahilla, i live in las vegas and the time you are coming is good as the heat wont be extreme, but it will still be very VERY hot, bring lots of shorts and or skirts if you are comfortable wearing them, with jeans it gets very hot and annoying… ligth flowy tops, of course sunglasses lots of sunscreen and always carry water! very important, of course swimsuits since you are gonna want to spend lot of time in the pool and most people by that time will be wearing flip flops or sneaker some very comfortable shoe since like the other posters said you will do a lot of walking, of course you don’t wanna wear flip flops and not look chic how about some comfortable wedges? =D

posted over 4 years ago

KillaHilla
Style_council
KillaHilla

Thanks, Diana! I’m glad to hear that the weather will be nice. Since I’m from Michigan (and it is snowing today) I can’t wait for the warmth! So excited to wear cute summer clothes. =) I bought some super comfy nike flip flops just for all the walking, I still have to find some cute heels or wedges though.

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

It’s just like the movie, the hangover…. just kidding, never been there so i really don’t have tips :( have fun!

posted over 4 years ago

KillaHilla
Style_council
KillaHilla

Haha, I really hope it doesn’t turn into a remake of the hangover. I’ll be there a month from today, so excited!!

posted over 4 years ago

SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

I’m from Las Vegas, it’s hard to tell if it’ll be a lot warmer in May or not, especially with all the cold wind we’ve been getting lately.
Just bring short sleeve shirts, tank tops, a couple jeans, a couple shorts & maybe a light cardigan or hoodie just in case.
If you plan on swimming then go ahead & bring a swimsuit just in case too.
Like Diana said, some really comfortable shoes will be needed as you’ll probably be walking everywhere & it’ll be good to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, & water.
Hope you have fun here. :)

posted over 4 years ago

Ashley_K
Style_council
Ashley_K

I went to Las Vegas 2 years ago…i went there in April/May and it was boiling hot!!! Make sure to pack really summery dresses, shorts and that type of stuff!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION