SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

Hey guys!

So I’m having a bit of a dilemma. With fall approaching I want to get a pair of boots that will be good for both rainy fall weather, and cold winter months, but that are also stylish. I’m torn between getting black Hunter rubber boots or Lace up brown leather boots like these

I can see myself wearing both so what are your opinions? What type of boots do you guys wear for the colder months?

posted over 2 years ago
BravoCoconut
New_user BravoCoconut is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When BravoCoconut reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
BravoCoconut

Well lace up boots are my personal favorite, but they take a long time to put on. Rubber boots are easy to put on and they are slightly more comfortable and durable.
As far as style goes, I’m sure you could rock both of them equally.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I’d say it depends on the weather where you live – if it tends to be really wet, I’d opt for the rubber pair, but if fall and winter are relatively dry you could go for the leather ones. If you get the leather ones, make sure you waterproof them to prevent weather damage!

posted over 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I love the Hunter boots! Better for the rain

posted over 2 years ago

JiangGuanchu
New_user JiangGuanchu is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When JiangGuanchu reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
JiangGuanchu

if you are looking for one for rainy days, I’d say Hunter works best. But I don’t suggest you buying the classic black Hunter. The downside with my one is that they are hard to take off and they really got a strong rubber odor which I dislike. If I’d buy a new pair of rain boots, I ’d pick the shorter, lace up boots in army green. I saw people wearing it and it definitely goes well with skinny jeans and denim shorts. Or probably I just saw too many people wearing the classic pair which I found them kinda boring now.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

lace up/zip up leather boots, for versatility and a more snug fit.

rainboots look a little silly on days it doesn’t rain (which sucks when the forecast is wrong, and you’re dressed for a storm haha).

posted over 2 years ago

Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

Thanks guys for your answers! It tends to be relatively wet and rainy for the winter, so I’ll definitely look into waterproofing leather ones if I get those. And I’m actually liking the green hunter boots better than the black ones so thanks for the tip! :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION