Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mshaw70123
Style_council
mshaw70123

I am going to the Inauguration of our new President here in the United States, and while I am in Washington D.C. I am going to be going to a ball. I already have a navy blue dress picked out and I have a pair of black peep toe pumps.

I am not very good with fashion and so I guess you guy’s opinion is as good as any.
1. Would Black peep toe pumps go with a navy blue dress, or should I go out and find a different color shoe?
2. Would it look ok if I wore stockings (I’m thinking black, but if you guys have an idea of another color go ahead) with the open toed shoes, or no stockings or closed toe shoes.

Thanks.

posted over 5 years ago
mshaw70123
Style_council
mshaw70123

Oh, and I kinda want to wear something on my legs because it is supposed to be very very cold up in Washington D.C. in January.

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Navy and black are both neutral colors, so there really shouldn’t be an issue. If you’re going to be wearing black stockings anyway, then there isn’t really any point to wearing the peep toes. You could always try out some grey woolen ones, but they might not go with the look you’re trying to achieve. Any possibility of sharing the exact shoes and dress you’re wearing?

posted over 5 years ago

artemisthierry
Style_council
artemisthierry

I love black and navy together so I don’t seen an issue on that really. No stockings would probably look fine, but if you are worried about being cold…

Black tights on black shoes with peep-toes might look at little odd…but I don’t really have an issue with tights under a peep-toe generally. Maybe get a cool black patterned tight? Those tend to look alright under a semi-open shoe and can add a nice look to the outfit. Barenecessities.com has a lot of very pretty patterned tights in their hoisery section (I always virtually “window shop” there, haha).
That might be less warm than a solid stocking, I guess it would depend on how much you’re going to have to be outside. You could also layer a sheer nude tight under a patterned one and it wouldn’t be noticeable and probably would be warmer.

Otherwise a colored shoe on a black tight could also look cool, peeptoe or not.

posted over 5 years ago

mshaw70123
Style_council
mshaw70123

The shoes that I am thinking of wearing I have just posted. The other shoes are really strappy and I would most likely get frost bite if I wore those. Its my school’s exam week so this weekend I will try to add a photo of the dress.

I was just thinking of maybe going out and buying a pair of Hue black tights black hosiery like shown in this photo of my friend Sabrina. But I don’t know if its a fashion No-No if you wear stockings with open toed shoes. http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/54005

Thanks for your advice guys.

posted over 5 years ago

nadiaisobel
Style_council
nadiaisobel

i LOVE tights with peep toe heels this season, very fashionable go for it!

posted over 5 years ago

nadiaisobel
Style_council
nadiaisobel

i LOVE tights with peep toe heels this season, very fashionable go for it!

posted over 5 years ago

mshaw70123
Style_council
mshaw70123

What color do you suggest? If the dress is navy with gold and white at the top, and my shoes are black, what color tights do you suggest?

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION