Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I have a good friend getting married in June.  I want to buy this dress and where it to her wedding.

dress for friend's wedding

My husband like's it and I didn't give one thought to the white in the background all day and then it hit me, could this be considered inappropriate because there is white in the background?

posted 5 months ago
WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Actually we think it can be appropriate. If it were competly white then would have been a problem. Morever, pair colored accessories along and you hsould be fine :) It is a pretty dress! 

posted 5 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I'm definitely thinking of doing a blue cardigan and shoes or maybe throw in a red shoe. I think I was being kind of paranoid the more I think about it myself.

posted 5 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

Since it's just a noticeable print, I would say it works for the wedding! If it were all white, that would be a different case :)

posted 5 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

Since it's just a noticeable print, I would say it works for the wedding! If it were all white, that would be a different case :)

posted 5 months ago

_konsciousvyb
Style_council
_konsciousvyb

Its a great dress for a June wedding! I just went to one and had the struggle of finding something that wasnt white, so I opted for tones of color. I think throwing in a red shoe would look amazing or even going with a little pink in the accessories. I am a online personal stylist, if you need help finding some pieces to go along with your dress visit my page and I can pull a couple of things for you!! I have the perfect pair of shoes in mind for this dress already :)

STYLING PAGE

posted 4 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I already bought the dress so I'm glad you said it would be okay. Can you provide a link to the pair of shoes you had in mind?

Thanks!

http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com

posted 4 months ago

_konsciousvyb
Style_council
_konsciousvyb

Great! I pulled everything that I was thinking would be perfect for that dress, here's the link and I know will enjoy what I included inside! Enjoy!!

http://keatonrow.com/lookbook/532c5dc3d45897c4610097df

posted 4 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I like the pink shoes. Do you think I could do red or is that too forth of july since the dress is white and blue?

Would you mind if I mentioned your services on my blog - http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com?

posted 4 months ago

_konsciousvyb
Style_council
_konsciousvyb

While putting together the shoes for you I took another look at the dress and I think red would be too forth of july. Definitely go with the pink shoes, they would complimnet the dress very well! You can buy them straight from that page!

I would love for you to mention my styling on your blog! I will leave my stylist page as well. If you ever need anything for another occassion, I am more than happy to help! Please refer me to anyone else you know who may need something for whatever occassion.

http://www.keatonrow.com/stylist/jaylacrosby

posted 4 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

Thank you for the help. I will definitely recommend you on my blog :)

posted 4 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

@_konsciousvyb can i ask you for one more thing? my friend is looking for gray, purple or silver and white polka dot shoes for her retro theme wedding in june (same wedding). She can't find any. Can you help?

posted 4 months ago

_konsciousvyb
Style_council
_konsciousvyb

Definitely! I will see what I can pull together for her, have her go to my stylist page and click the 'Get Styled By Me' button so I can add her as a client. You can do the same as well.

posted 4 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I was hoping to surprise her by finding them. So I will register. Thanks :)

posted 4 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

@_konsciousvyb check out the post I did about you on my blog :) Thanks again for your help.

http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com/category/looks/

posted 4 months ago

TaylaBrewer
New_user TaylaBrewer is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TaylaBrewer reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TaylaBrewer

As others have said, it should be fine . . . The blue print is pretty strong. If it were all white, or mostly white, then it might be disrespectful to wear to a wedding.

posted 4 months ago

onfancy
Shop_seller_2 onfancy is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
onfancy

Hi, I think it is ok. The blue is more eye-catching than the white. 

posted 3 months ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

i like it!

posted 3 months ago

FauveAndHunter
Shop_seller_2 FauveAndHunter is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
FauveAndHunter

No it will be absolutely fine! It's a perfect dress for a wedding guest :)

posted about 1 month ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION