Twitter
Googleplus
jtd
New_user jtd is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jtd reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jtd

I am attending an important, but small, work meeting in the Reston area in January. I am a plus size late 30’s professional. I am wearing this dress (size 18)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/donna-ricco-wrap-shirt-dress-plus/3427467?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=4859

I am struggling with how to best accessorize. I have never worn a bib necklace, but I admire them and think it could be a good punch of color with this dress (which I would have preferred in a color other than black, but had to go with what was out there). I am thinking that may be a better choice than a long metal chain worn outside the collar, or something like pearls which may be too “old” looking (though I love pearls in general).

I dress conservatively and want to project a tasteful and professional demeanor, without looking too plain/boring.

I am considering wearing dark colored tights (deep green?) as well.

Would appreciate any advice… I’m a CA so am a little worried about looking unusual among a bunch on east coast folks.

To add – I have pale skin, blue/green eyes, and light brown hair, shoulder length. If that makes a difference.

posted over 1 year ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

I think colored tights will give it a contemporary look. You don’t have to worry about wearing a pearl necklace.

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

pull up your hair in a chic chignon.and earring that complement you eye colour.it is a very beautiful dress in itself. i don’t know what the temperature will be like.so based on that you can ditch the tights. or go for oxblood/burgundy shade and high heeled pumps.you can wear diamond studs with it too.
and for further inspiration you must check out http://girlwithcurves.com/

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION