SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
silhouettes
Style_council
silhouettes

hello!
I fell for skinny jeans, like 80% of the people I know, but I’ve always had problems finding nice ones. I’m short, around 5’2” or 5’3”, and jeans with an inseam of 32” are definitely unfit for me! I own three pairs of them, two made by Truck Jeans and one by H&M. usually, I just roll them up or leave them to hang around my ankles, but I tired of both methods and got one of the three (badly) tailored. now, it’s the right length, but barely considered “skinny”! occasionally, I’ll find jeans that come in ‘short’ sizes, but they also don’t fit nicely.
is there any hope? I’d really appreciate any help in finding relatively cheap (under $50) short jeans or any tips on making them work.

posted almost 6 years ago
Starrgirl
Style_icon
Starrgirl

I have the same problem!
I have a few pairs from Delia’s because they sell short styles in small sizes :) They’re about $40 or less if on sale.
Although even those aren’t as skinny around the ankle as I would like.

needmoreshoes
Style_council
needmoreshoes

Me too! I bought a pair of jeans and they were about 4 inches longer than my size. So I scrunch the bottom part sometimes. And sometimes I fold the bottom part in.
I live in the Philippines, and there are a lot of cheap stuff here. I could get nice skinny jeans for about $12 in flea markets. Teehee.

lulu
Style_council
lulu

I would definitely look for jeans that are meant to end at the “ankle” aka regular length on a 5’2-5’3” girl.
I can’t say for under $50 offhand, but J Brand’s 10” (if you can find them on sale) are perfect for this.
Example

silhouettes
Style_council
silhouettes

I bought mine through Delia’s as well! I didn’t know they have short sizes – so I just got the ‘essential skinny jean’ ): once I wash/wear them about 1000 times, I find that they fit much better. I always hate myself a little for scrunching them up because they can start looking messy, so they’re usually folded.
thanks, Lulu – googled it, measured myself.. they seem like they’d be much better!

rodellee
Shop_seller_2 rodellee is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
rodellee

I actually bought a pair of skinny jeans from Abercrombie & Fitch KIDS. Their size 12 fits like a 0. I think price wise they were under $40.

shoregirl
Style_council
shoregirl

i’d try forever 21 and american eagle for cheap versions. i know american eagle has short versions, i just don’t know how short is short. im short too (5’3), but i have an abnormally short torso and long legs, so the pant length isn’t as much an issue.

julesjulesjules
Style_council
julesjulesjules

I’m 5’2” and also wear Delia’s, a little half-heartedly, because I didn’t think I could find anything else. I actually JUST got myself a new pair of 27”ish Morgans and am disappointed with the not-so-skinny ankle; considering having them altered because they’d be perfect otherwise.
However, I was just alerted to PacSun’s Hermosa Super Skinny line, which come in Short sizes with a lovely 12” leg opening as opposed to Morgan’s 15”. I can’t officially vouch for these because I haven’t tried them on, but I might just go ahead and order some black ones online.

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

I’m 5’ (big pout) and I find that Levi’s jeans fit me. I’m not sure if it’s because I wear size 0. I also find that wearing jeans that would normally be above the ankle on regular/tall people fit me well.

jaiye
Style_council
jaiye

i got mine from the topshop petite range, (i’m 5’3) and they fit perfectly. and they’re really skinny around the ankles and the only pair that i haven’t had to alter at all.
i’m not sure how much i paid for them though, cause it was a while back.

chris
Style_council
chris

like rodellee, i’m a fan of the abercrombie brand… but I go for hollister’s skinny jeans. they’re built junior sized…so the “crotch” length is perfect for teens-petite sized people. They also have different lengths..and are usually under 50$.
on the other hand, I’d also check out nordstrom. They tailor denim/anything for free (last time i checked) as long as it’s bought full price. If they tailored the denim right, it’d still maintain the “skinny” shape.

theverbamar
Style_council
theverbamar

MichelleYue has got it
at 5’2” levi’s still fit me the best
and im NOT a size 0 (hehe not even close) so they make good short people skinnies
=)

changology
Style_council
changology

i’m about five one? or two…and all of my jeans have to be tailored..you can purchase skinny jeans in “short” at pacsun, h&m, gap, and american eagle for a reasonable price..
if you’re looking for super comfortable jeans, i suggest earnest sewn..though you’ll have to get them tailored…i bought mine for around $210

medicineforluck
Style_council
medicineforluck

I LOVE LEVI’S JEANS
Yes, they DO fit me. (Same with Michelle and theverbamar)
Note: Never get jeans at Urban Outfitters- unless you’re tall.

RoseThorns
Style_council
RoseThorns

I had the same….Until I got taller.
I used to get motto jeans. They fit nicely, and if they weren’t on sale they’d be 60$, but if they were on sale they’d be $30. They still fit me…But they come a bit over my ankles now. And they weren’t stick-to-the-body-like-leather skinny. But they were skinny enough.

posted over 5 years ago

agooddictator
Style_council
agooddictator

SJP’s Bitten line has great skinny jeans (and trousers!). I’m 5’2 so I understand—the pants I got from Steve and Barrys are perfect, no alteration needed. Plus! They were 8.98 : )

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION