Twitter
Googleplus
WDC_Gal
New_user WDC_Gal is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When WDC_Gal reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
WDC_Gal

Ladies, I need advice on where to buy jeans. I’m a pear-shaped woman with larger legs. Though my waist is small, a size 6, I sometimes can’t get size 10 pants over my thighs and hips. I used to love Banana Republic, but the legs on their recent styles have been too narrow. I tried shopping brands that cater to older women because their cuts tend to be “friendlier”. However, I’ve found that Lands End, Talbots, etc. pants really gap on my narrow waist and tend to have rises that are higher than I would like. I also tried custom jeans from Indi. I ended up with a $180 pair that gathers dust in my closet because they have a terrible mom jean look (the rise is too high and the leg is very tapered despite being pictured as straight). My preference would be to spend less than $100 and have a dark pair that is either straight or bootcut. Also, in addition to being able to fit into the jeans, I want the details to flatter my pear shape — no on-seam pockets or horizontal whiskering.

Is there any hope? I’ve honestly been looking for over two years. This jeggings trend is killing me.

posted over 3 years ago
hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

Levi’s Curve ID – seriously the best thing that has ever happened to my butt. Try the Bold or Supreme cut with the higher waist and bootcut legs.
Link to their webshop

posted over 3 years ago

freefallinfashion
Style_council
freefallinfa...

@hii_live is correct. I am also pear-shaped and I know how frustrating it is to see a gorgeous pair of jeans but the fit isn’t right. And nothing seems to give you the look you want.

posted over 3 years ago

Vintage_Feona
Style_council
Vintage_Feona

I’m also pear shaped and have about a 12 inch difference from my waist to my hips, have a booty, and thick legs. I also have a heard time getting pants over my thighs, unless they’re BIG and then they fall off my waist! I really like jeans in stretchy material because they mold to your body and Express jeans seem to fit me the best. I would say give their jeans a try, but make sure they are the stretchy kind.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION