Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TaNya
Style_council
TaNya

I have a job interview tomorrow for a fashion brand and i have NO idea what to wear. I’ve also a limited choice in wardrobe as my previous job did not require me to dress for a corporate setting. I’ve got soooo many flats :(

posted over 5 years ago
TheArtofStyle
Style_council
TheArtofStyle

I don’t think heels are a definite necessity. Even a simple white dress or black skirt and white blouse can look professional and well put together if you accessorize well with a cute summery scarf / some colorful flats / some cute glasses / or a statement necklaces/earrings. I would steer away from jeans or t-shirts, and I find that chiffon and silk for blouses look very good. And blazers are my go-to for work-related settings!! You could also try a cute updo like a side braid or soft waves to communicate your professionalism if this is something your concerned about. Good luck

posted about 2 years ago

A_Minor_Obsession
Style_council
A_Minor_Obse...

It really depends on the brand! I would suggest that you keep your outfit quite simple and elegant (maybe tailored trousers, a silk t-shirt and a blazer) but add something that makes it ‘fashion’, like some statement drop earrings or a silk scarf. Having a stand-out piece will definitely work in your favour!

posted about 2 years ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Flats are not necessary to look professional if you have some simple black trousers and I white blouse or one of the long blouses that you could wear as a dress and belt it Or a dress with a nice . That would be fine just look put together and add a little professional touches the main thing is that you really connect with your interviewer and you’ll get it! Good luck

posted about 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

wear something simple but polished. Flats are fine if you on’t have heels. Just wear a simple pair of black pants or a black skirt, some chic shoes and a nice blouse :) don’t wear too much jewelry though!

posted about 2 years ago

JoyfulJoyous
Style_council
JoyfulJoyous

Just go for something you feel comfy in. Here is a post I don’t earlier in the year about my interview outfit http://joytodworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/dressed-to-impress.html

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION