Style_council
Chipztah

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p187/chryslerm/BlueDress.jpg

posted over 3 years ago
miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Wow. That’s really pretty! (^^)
What kind of work place is it? Obviously if you worked at a fish and chips store or something then it would be but I think that if it was an office, it’d be fine! XD

posted over 3 years ago

Chipztah
Style_council
Chipztah

LOL..yeah I should’ve mentioned that I do work in the office.

posted over 3 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

Okay, cool! =] Lol I’m glad you took that as a joke as I’d hope cos I worried that you might misinterpret the “fish and chips shop” bit as rude! XD What do your workmates usually wear? I think that’s an important thing to consider. I can completely imagine someone wearing that blue dress in movies and just regularly too!

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

The style looks fine for officewear as in form, colour and cut. But the material does make it look eveningish(again making up words). Also I can’t quite make it out how long is it, knee-lenght?
Very chic for an officewroker!

posted over 3 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

Absolutely fine for work :)

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree with MiuSan that the material makes it seem on the formal side, but I think it’s fine for work, especially if you wear it with conservative accessories like basic black pumps and a blazer or something. And if the v in front dips too deep, wear a camisole. Like most things it’s all how you style it.

posted over 3 years ago

Chipztah
Style_council
Chipztah

it’s slightly above my knee. Although I work in a large company we don’t do the whole corporate attire. We can wear whatever as long as we don’t turn up in our PJ’s :-) Yeah that’s what I was afraid of that it’s gonna look like an evening wear. perhaps I could dress it down a bit with some flats & a wrap cardi. I just hate waiting for a special occasion to be able to wear this dress again. lol.

posted over 3 years ago

maymaylove
Style_council
maymaylove

i think this dress falls under evening wear…but, it really depends on how it looks when you have it on and what kind of office you work in. if it deals with fashion, then go for it…otherwise, save it for the office parties.
the dress comes off a bit too sexy for the office – the neck looks too low cut (esp if your busty) and the material seems looks a bit to shiny for everyday office wear. definitely skip it if it falls above the knee.
if you want to wear it out on a regular basis, dress it down and wear it during the weekends – shopping, movies, lunch with friends, dinner dates, to the bar, etc…

posted over 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think its fine for the office. Just style it accordingly so it looks more office like. For example, wear a blazer over^^

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

If you work in a fashion forward office I think it would work, but if your company is more conservative/ casual then it might be too formal, I agree with others that the material does look a bit too shiny. But you can always dress it down by wearing it with a black cardigan or blazer and tights!

posted over 3 years ago

snortingchuckie
Style_council
snortingchuckie

I love the idea of dressing it down. Flats and a blazer or cardigan would make it perfect.

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

its nice, great colour !

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION