Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
railophone
Style_council
railophone

I got an interview with the hospital where my father works at. I’m hoping to volunteer in the pharmacy, as that’s what I want to do when I grow up.

The only problem is, I’m 15, have a very limited closet, and I’ve never been to an interview before. I don’t know what to wear.

I don’t want to end up looking too businessy/corporate/conservative because that’s not who I really am. My parents are extremely conservative, but I want something that we both can agree on that doesn’t go to either extreme.

My limited closet means I don’t have a pencil skirt, a classic white shirt or anything like that. The closest thing I have to any of that is a white button-up blouse (which I love) and a high-waisted knee-length pleated skirt. Literally like a school uniform.
The reason for my closet is because my parents don’t let me get out of the house often. And if I do get to go shopping, my parents don’t let me get anything that isn’t on sale, and my mother gets tired easily and makes me go home early.

I know I’m going to end up getting in an argument with my parents if I don’t have something suitable for the interview, so I had best get it ready now. I have until the 26th of August to pick it out.

I seriously ask for your help on this one. D:

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Keep it simple. Wear the white blouse with a pair of black trousers and heels. If you have a neutral coloured blazer that would be a good thing to wear as well. Keep make-up natural and accessorize with a nice bag and maybe some kind of hair accessory or a pair of earrings. Going for a classic simple look will help you because in a place like a pharmacy they’re going to judge you on whether you’re presentable from a business point of view or not. It’s not like an interview for a clothing shop where they want to see your style.
My main tips would be to avoid denim, leather (apart from bag and shoes) or anything casual (unless its something that can be dressed up or down). Those are the kind of things that most interviewers (apart from those in fashion stores) frown upon and judge.

posted over 4 years ago

IssaBelleBoutique
Style_council
IssaBelleBou...

keep it simple, decent and classic

posted over 1 year ago

wavytransition
Style_council
wavytransition

Don’t wear higher than a 3 inch heel. Scientists/Doctors tend to be more relaxed when it comes to shoes. Flats are welcome. Also, my adviser told me this when I was in Physician Assistant classes, wear glasses if you have them. Don’t go out and buy glasses but if you have them already you should wear them because many people subconsciously associate being more intelligent with wearing glasses and many people in labs and hospitals tend to wear them.

posted over 1 year ago

thelittleantlers
Style_council
thelittleant...

A nude or neutral coloured blazer would look smart yet not too “businessy” than if you wore a black one. A white buttoned shirt or blouse and skirt (not too short) or trousers would look nice, and I guess for shoes I’d say a plain coloured pair with little to no heel :) Good luck!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION