Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

Okay so it’s winter and I feel that i have nooooooothing to wear. All i have are endless turtle-necks. That’s practically my entire closet and I don’t know how many more ways to keep it interesting (for myself). I would love to create the looks that people on this site do so easily ( like a big shirt leggings or whatever and just like a cardigan and chunky jewlery). But i can’t because i don’t have any pieces similar to that at all. And I would go shopping but i’m strapped for cash. So any ideas on how to spruce up my look.

My Closet:
Turtle NeckS
Skinny Jeans
Straight Leg Jeans
Work Out pants
Rusty tights ( like an orange red )
Tshirts like : http://images.surffanatics.com/productimages/202000/FF_202061s.jpg <—>s my closet, so any ideas on how to spruce it up would be GREATLY appreciated :)

posted about 4 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Any accessories? That would be a great place to add variety and visual interest to any given outfit. You don’t even have one cardigan or jacket that you can layer with? If you did, I’d say the biggest thing would be to get yourself a few belts, nothing too fancy in a few different widths/colors. Mixing up one layer with even two belts and what you already own practically doubles your entire wardrobe. Add in more accessories some a selection of rings/scarves/necklaces and you quickly can make everything get a lot more mileage.

Also, this may sound crazy, but try wearing something in a different way from how you normally do. Slip something on backwards or upside down or button something off. The beauty of this tip is that you can apply it to the aforementioned accessories, too. A skinny simple belt can turn into a wraparound cuff. A giant chunky bracelet could double as a weirdly interesting ponytail band.

The most important thing to keep your wardrobe fresh and exciting (for yourself) is to honestly put more time into it and be picky with your future purchases. If you can successfully visualize how you want to change your wardrobe (add in new proportions, introduce more color, add a structured silhouette), then shopping becomes that much more satisfying. Practical and fun.

posted about 4 years ago

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

:D thank you so much !!
That advice was amazing

posted about 4 years ago

illustratekate
Style_council
illustratekate

cut up a few of your turtlenecks. you can make diy cardigans, leg warmers, etc with old sweaters that you are done with. i just typed in “turtleneck diy” into google and got a bunch of cool sites instantly.

posted about 4 years ago

playingwithfire
Style_icon
playingwithfire

I would suggest investing in a blazer or a faux leather moto jacket (you can get both for very cheap from F21). Use pieces you already have and mix them in with the blazer or moto jacket. If you have cardigans layer them under the blazer/jacket. Use different accessories to change up a look. Sometimes a chunky necklace can do wonders for a simple turtleneck and jeans combo. Try belting your large tee’s to make them into dresses and or tie them up to a draping affect.
I also love @geekbonchic’s advice of wearing things differently that you normally would. Wearing things backwards or even inside out can really change up an otherwise overdone look.
Best of luck!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION