Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TamaraRose
New_user TamaraRose is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TamaraRose reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TamaraRose

I’m short, (5’2) and an Australian 6-8. Tan skin. If any of that helps.

I’d like some cute skirts, tops and dresses but not sure where to start!?

Please, please help?

posted about 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Pencil skirts are my go to! Feminine, pretty, and always modest!

I like ModCloth, but many of their dresses are ridiculously short. I agree that Shabby Apple is a good one. Anthroplogie is made for a more mature crowd (when I say mature I mean like stylish 30 year olds lol). They are pricey, but their clothes are really pretty and usually have modest hemlines.

My absolute favorite? J.Crew. They have so many classic styles and the most amazing colors in skirts, pants, tops; you name it.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I know what you mean—all the dresses and skirts at places like F21 are cute, but most of it them are unrealistically short (and I’m not even that tall).

definitely second J Crew; the Loft is another store that seems to transcend all age groups (both both my mom and I occasionally shop there).
Clothes like this this this this this this etc, are modest but certainly not outdated. you can incorporate a modern twist on modest clothing—i.e.high-waisted skirts, pastel skinnies, colorblocking, lace/crochet tops, etc. or express yourself through accessories :)

posted about 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Forever 21 is cheap, trendy, and has tons of modest options. I’m wearing a knee length skirt today that I bought from them and a normal long-sleeve shirt. Their dresses are really short on me (but I’m 5’6") so you might want to forgo them for something a little longer. However, they have TONS of cute, modest tops and bottoms!

posted about 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I dress “modestly” and still have fun. With really short skirts I wear them over leggings or as tops. You can have so much fun with fashion and still be “conservative”, but it is really hard. I control some of my desires because I dont want to appear “cheap” or too suggestive. But to each his/her own.
I personally do not judge a persons character by their style of dress but unfortunately many people do.

posted about 2 years ago

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

I would love to tell you what you should wear but the fun part about fashion is to show YOUR personality through color and shapes and all that. Fashion is like art, its your over, and there are always going to be critics. Wear what you feel good in and add personal touches. But since you are tan I think orange would look amazing on you.

posted about 2 years ago

FauveAndHunter
Shop_seller_2 FauveAndHunter is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
FauveAndHunter

you can also scour vintage stores for dresses and pieces from the 50s, most of them are made to be beautiful, yet lady like.. you can totally play with the look as well and wear current jewelry, or a cute blazer and tees over more elegant skirts/ dresses..
have fun!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION