Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
VictoriaElyse
New_user VictoriaElyse is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When VictoriaElyse reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
VictoriaElyse

I have fair skin and dark black hair that falls below my shoulders.Would ombre hair look good on me?
http://www.tumblr.com/reblog/21877480099/EO6sLIdZ?redirect_to=%2Ftagged%2Fombre-hair%3Fbefore%3D1335507783 this is how i want it.
http://expressingmyselfwithphotography.tumblr.com/post/21924381307/bangies My hair looks like this except i dont really wear my bangs like that anymore (:

posted over 2 years ago
VictoriaElyse
New_user VictoriaElyse is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When VictoriaElyse reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
VictoriaElyse

*http://naianalemes.tumblr.com/post/21877480099

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Go for it!I think it will work especially with your straight long hair!i love ombre:) Plus, if you don’t like it, just cut off a few inches, so make sure to only bleach the very very tips!

You seem to have similar coloring to me, so I’ll post a picture of my old ombre look if it helps HERE!

posted over 2 years ago

caughtupinpink
Style_council
caughtupinpink

i agree go for it

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I’m a hair stylist, so I’m going to try to explain it as best as a I can! But I definitely think you can do it!!

Your natural hair level looks like a 4 to me. Ashlee Simpson’s hair looks to be about a level 5 at her roots (1 shade lighter than yours) with the ends at a level 8 (4 shades lighter than yours).

For the roots, you won’t need to use bleach. You’ll pick a nice matte brown color that is one shade lighter than yours. For the mid shaft and ends, you will definitely need to use bleach as you will be going 4 shades lighter. Your hair will also have a lot of underlying pigment in it making the end results look orange. So you’ll need to make sure your stylist uses blonding cream and an ash toner to counteract the orange.

It sounds difficult, but it is definitely achievable. If you can’t shell out the cash for a salon to do it, you can go to a beauty school. Yes, it’s done by students, but the teachers are licensed cosmetologists who will be right there watching. :)

posted over 2 years ago

Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

I think you should go for it! Try going lighter at the ends rather than at the roots, because you might not like the lighter shade closer to your face.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Go for it – and make sure you post some pictures for us to see the results! :)

posted over 2 years ago

uyut9iuu
Style_council
uyut9iuu

only do the tips – about two or three inches maybe? so then if you don’t like it then you can just cut the ends off :)
also make sure you don’t go too many shades lighter than your natural shade, so that it looks cool like Ashlee’s :)

posted over 2 years ago

aliceka
New_user aliceka is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When aliceka reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
aliceka

Yes definitely! I think this look will turn out great for you – go for it!

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

go for it

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION