Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
QueenC0923
New_user QueenC0923 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When QueenC0923 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
QueenC0923

I am a plus sized diva-mommy (On a budget!!) I always see plus sized girls and want their fashions but I feel like I need an assistant just to tell me what is in or not…I need fashionable office appropriate & weekend wear…I don’t know where to start…I wish June Ambrose could come to my house

posted over 2 years ago
scentsofsummer
New_user scentsofsummer is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When scentsofsummer reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
scentsofsummer

There’s just one trick you need to learn: copy! Look at other women on the streets etc and spot some girls that are rocking their outfits! Carefully look what they’re wearing (which shapes etc), then just copy! You can also check out sites like H&M, which carry plus size pieces as well! Look at the women in the advertorials on the sites, look how the stylists combined the pieces and just copy that! And you know, high street brand will always sell things that are in. Anything you buy there will be fashionable, as long as you combine it well. Honestly, there’s nothing much to it! And you know, it doesn’t matter what size you are really, since there are so many sizes out there and it’s just about the total image and the comination of different colors, fabrics and patterns. In other words, you can look at any celebrity whose style you love and copy that! I’ll just put together some ideas for you, I don’t know what certain style you’re looking for exactly of course, but some general ideas:

- For a casual yet dressed look, go for dark skinnies or straight jeans (or even trousers with a floral pattern!), combine that with a loose, flowy top and a casual blazer! As for shoes, you could pick some nice pumps or just simple ballet flats, and don’t forget to accessoirize! A giant scarf looks so good, as long as you just casually ‘drape’ it or don’t drape it at all! Combine with statement earrings, bracelets or rings and you’re ready to go! Big bags are always good so you can carry anything you want with you!
- In summer, you can wear (midi) dresses or maxi skirts/dresses, midi dresses are really hot right now. Pair with wedges or sandals, and a big clutch plus some statement accessoiries. I would’t go for a very bright patterned dress, as it will only make you appear bigger..

There are just so many options out there! Anything they sell in stores such as H&M, asos.com etc are fashionable, as long as you combine them right and accessoirize!

Lots of luck, I’m sure you’re able to work something out! Just pick different shapes, patterns and pieces and try them all to see what works best for you! Or why not ask a sales advisor? That’s their job after all!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION