Twitter
Googleplus
dollfaced
Style_council
dollfaced

this is my body:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/cutethingys/4cefca16-1.jpg

i really, really hate it!
I’m currently 130 lb, but let’s just say I weight 125 lb and I’m 5’1. My hips are huuuge, and my bust is pretty full as well (36b-36c) and also, my arms and calves are toned. I can never seem to go below 120 lbs. wow, its honestly a big challenge. My metabolism isn’t too bad, but it isn’t ideal. I wish I could work out or something, but my motivation & resources are low.
Its very hard for me to find clothes that don’t look ridiculous on me, Although I usually get some compliments on my legs, I hate wearing dresses or skirts, but I don’t feel so bad about wearing shorts.
I can’t wear long shirts because my hips make me look bigger than I am.
I don’t know what to wear! helpppp.

posted about 4 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Don’t hate your body! Even from that small pic I think you look great! I’m around 5’3?? and I weigh pretty much the same as you, and my bust is a 34d.
I think high waisted shorts and skirts look really good, they will emphasize your waist and also make you look taller, especially if worn with a high waist belt. Shorter hemlines are good too as they will lengthen the look of your legs. Scoop neck or v neck tops might also suit you. Don’t be afraid to show off your curves with a fitted dress or a pencil skirt, as overly baggy clothes might swamp your body. A-line and empire waist dresses are flattering for most figures too, you can wear opaque tights underneath if you don’t want to show your legs. A fitted jacket or blazer that finishes at your hips would work too. Have you put in your body shape details on your account page? you can try using the ‘people like me’ page under the ‘style gallery’ tab to get some inspiration. Hope that helps a bit :)

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

ONCE AGAIN^ DON’T HATE YOUR BODY

lolz, youre gorgeous, really! Go with anything above the knee, dress/skirt-wise, it will lengthen your legs, and if you like heels, the more the better! If you’re worried about your chest, I would say invest in a good bra! It sounds awful basic, but when I finally found the right bra for me (cacique from lane bryant, I have to special order the 36DDD, but its worth it!) everything fits ten times better!
Also, I can completely relate to the hips issue. If I lost some weight, which is coming along nicely, we’d have a very similar body shape. You might hate me for saying this but…super skinny jeans are a killer. They emphasize the hips like crazy, which is a load of suck because I own like twenty pairs of tripp skinnies and don’t wear them anymore because I realized what they did to my hips! Try a wide-leg jean, or a skinny cut that doesn’t wrap tight around the ankle…i can’t remember what they’re called, definitely not boot-cut…but when you try on jeans I bet you know what I’m talkin about lol

Basically, you’ve got a a gorgeous curvy frame, similar to my own and coldlight’s, and that’s something you should embrace! anything that makes you look curvy and hot, its a win. If anything, feel confident that guys think you’re hot! :D

posted about 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Obviously, if you hate your body, then you’ll trick yourself into thinking that nothing looks good on you. The best advice you can get is from girls with a similar body type, like those who’ve posted above. My body type is a little bit different, so I do wear the longer shirts and dresses and such to lengthen my short waist.

Focus on the parts of your body you like best: Wear sleeveless tops and shorts to emphasize your toned limbs. If you think you might like wearing skirts, transition into it by trying a skort. There are a lot of good tips for women with curves in InStyle’s book “The New Secrets of Style.” I recommend looking at that for ideas.

I’m also trying to tone up…well, every part of me. The best motivation for me is a “gym buddy”, who you can work out with at the same time, so working out seems like less of a chore and more like friend time. I’m trying to find a gym buddy so I can get started.

Also, try to eat good food. Sometimes eating fruit instead of a dessert has motivated me to walk or do yoga later on that day. Now give yourself a hug and listen to some feel good music.

posted about 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

honey you look fantastic in that photo

posted about 4 years ago

dollfaced
Style_council
dollfaced

Thank you very much ladies. Your styles are greaT!

now I just have to find clothes that suit my figure. :)
the_ed, yeah you’re right. I guess I’m sooo focused on having thinner legs it distracts me from what the actual truth is.
hopefully someday I can get past this and feel good wearing anything.

As for the ‘people like me’ page, I can’t find it at all? hmmm…

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION