Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
emmafromlondon
New_user emmafromlondon is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When emmafromlondon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
emmafromlondon

So I recently bought a polka dot skirt at my favorite vintage store, and i have no idea what to pair it with. My skirt is a swing tea length skirt. I have seen examples of it, but im not a heels kind of girl. Any ideas?

posted almost 3 years ago
itsjustjustine
New_user itsjustjustine is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When itsjustjustine reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
itsjustjustine

some cute oxford-type shoes should look nice, I wear my longer skirts with a pair i bought from Vans called “Sophie,” I didn’t see them online but they have them in store! Maybe you could try a button-down, either short-sleeved or long with the sleeves cuffed once or twice in a plain color. Or when it gets to be more summery maybe a pretty floral tank top to set off the polka dot print (: I hope this helps!

citysleek
Style_council
citysleek

Wear them with oxfords or flats. For casual, everyday wear, I’d wear it with a solid, bright shirt and/or a denim shirt/vest. I think it’d also look cute with a striped shirt or another contrasting print on top. :D

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I love sherbet orange with black and white polka dots; try the bright hue in a classic shape, like a button down or cardigan.

For a more suble, sleek look, a white button down or simple tee would also be lovely. Flats or pumps, depending on how casual/professional you want to look.

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

Try a pair of oxford flats, ballet flats or wedge sandals.

UniquecStyle
Style_council
UniquecStyle

u can pair it up with a classic white button up shirt & flats if u dont really like heals or plain sandals .

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I agree with most of the other girls…oxfords or flats, in a bright color…that would be fun!

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Sleek black flats are my go-to! Try some peep-toes flats, too!.

Brights are always fun with polka-dots, but I try to stay away from orange when I’m wearing polka-dots. I’ve found it makes them seem clownish instead of cute. You might feel differently tho!

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Oooh, I agree with catiekat! Peep toe flats would be so cute and would totally accentuate that vintage vibe. Maybe a bright top like hot pink, green, or a bright blue would look pretty with it. Polka dots are so much fun and you can wear pretty much anything with them. It just depends on the look you’re going for!

shaniii
Style_council
shaniii

I agree with the others, oxfords are always a great match with skirts. You could try pairing the skirt with a bright colored sheer button up, or even just a plain button up. I always try to wear bright colors when wearing polka dots :)

FefedaChicChick
Style_council
FefedaChicChick

You can definitely do flats with that skirt. Some bright colored open or peep toe flats with girly details will look really cute- maybe in a pastel link a mint green or red because it always looks cute with black and white polka dots. Modcloth has the cutest flats and everything is retro inspired. So if thats the look you’re going for it would be good to check them out :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION