Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I know I know, prom dress advice is peaking around every corner from every under the age of 18 teen who stalks Chictopia haha. My only question is, how do I accessorize my prom dress? This is the link: CLICK . Okay, so it’s red, a cut-out with a high slit, all that jazz. My MAIN concern is about shoes, purse/clutch, & cover up (aka jacket, shrug, cape, etc.) I really love gold for it but I don’t know how well that’d translate into a cover up, and i’d be okay even with a light brown, but it’s just difficult thinking of shoes & purses & coverups that’d actually look good. Help a chickie out? :)

posted about 3 years ago
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

Your prom dress rocks! I wish I had the body to pull off a cut out dress. I personally really like the way Ellephoto(this month’s style icon) styled her cutout dress.-
I also really like how this girl styled it with her cutout dress with combat boot. Maybe for an after party look?
I think geometric sandals, simple black clutch, and a cape would be a great look.

posted about 3 years ago

FASHION_ICE
Style_council
FASHION_ICE

amazing dress and fab color! I would actually accessories it with bold bangles and bracelets and perhaps a statement ring. a colored clutch is a contrasting bold color could look nice (color blocking) and nude pumps would work nicely.

posted about 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

That is really a fabulous unique prom dress! I’m pretty jealous! I would keep it pretty simple, if you’re hair is up, some sparkling earrings, if not, a pretty bracelet. But nothing too much, you don’t want to take away from the architectural look of the dress!

posted about 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Awesome dress! If you want more of an edgy, non traditional look I think it would look really cool with some bold statement heels or booties, it would look really cool if the heels were cut out as well. If it was me i’d go with black (black patent leather would look good too!) heels and clutch, you could also try a boxy looking clutch to complement the cut outs of the dress. I agree that you should keep accessories simple, maybe a large cocktail ring. Hope that helps a bit :)

posted about 3 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I love these ideas :) I’m going to be honest, I’m not too much of a “simple” accessorizer. I’d probably end up wear lots of bangles & my hair up. I do like the idea of a boxy clutch too :)

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Something fun to do would be to mirror the cut of the dress. So you got cut-out, high slit styled accessories. Shoes in this matter would be great! Also lasercut cardigans, leather jackets and capes are popping out everywhere now. Geometric purse idea sounds good too.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION