SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xxepcxx11
Style_council
xxepcxx11

Hi,
I love designing clothes and i want to start doing that type of stuff.
But sadly I cant afford material I only have a needle with some thread and my clothes form my closet. So how do I turn my old clothes into new clothes and a new trend that looks good and unique? Help please!

posted almost 5 years ago
plastikneon
Style_icon
plastikneon

Lots of people at chictopia are fancy d.i.y.-ers, so this place is always full on inspiration.

There’s this one book: http://www.amazon.com/Ways-Trim-T-Shirt-Something-Special/dp/0307345564/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Which shows a bunch of ways to transform plain old tee-shirts.

Crop-tops are fun and easy to make.

Also statement jewelery can bring life into old pieces.

ripped denim, studs, knitwear, or simply changing the hem-line of a skirt can make a difference.

hope this helps!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If grunge style is your thing then you could make yourself a shredded panel t-shirt. Or take it one step further and shred an entire garment. I think a shredded scarf would be interesting.

If you wear slouchy tanks with low hanging armholes, you could cut strips from old patterned tops and make little bandeau bra like tops to go underneath.

If you’re willing to spend a bit of money on little embellishments then studs, sequins, beads, glitter and jewels are great for jazzing up otherwise plain items. Embellished tights look great especially.

Get a bit of bleach and acid wash jeans, or you can dip dye stuff.

The possibilities are endless, if you search google you’ll probably find millions more ideas.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION