Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Watch_Birds_Flying
New_user Watch_Birds_Flying is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Watch_Birds_Flying reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Watch_Birds_...

I want to be able to wear heels all day when I’m out and about. But my feet hurt so bad. Do these girls I see who wear them 24/7 have like, iron feet or something? OR is there a trick I’m missing out on?

posted over 3 years ago
venusys
Style_council
venusys

I had that problem too. Until i gotten used to it. Try wearing sheer ankle socks to prevent blisters too. It worked for me

posted over 3 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

For me, it was about getting used to it and getting to know your heels.

I have heels that I wouldn’t even dare wear for more than 2 hours because I know that I would be dying in them. There are heels that I can only use if I’m at a party where I know I’m going to be sitting for most of the time.

I usually practice walking around at home so that I get to know which ones are comfortable and feasible for walking around in the whole day.

Oh and for the slippery heels (since I usually get sweaty feet), I use insoles.

They’re a big help. :)

P.S. I always have flats with me wherever I go. If I have a big purse, I bring ballet flats that I can roll. If I have a small purse, I leave it in the car. :)

posted over 3 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

insoles really help because they take the pressure off my feet and i usually slip my heels off whenever i can without people noticing (like at a restaurant eating)…

posted over 3 years ago

LadyAshMarie
Style_council
LadyAshMarie

I can’t wear heels for more than I have to at a fashion show. I have terrible feet and may need surgery on the left foot very soon. Sometimes even wearing my converse hurt my feet. I love summer so I can wear flip flops everywhere! I have no idea how some can go all day wearing 5 inch heels. I wish I could because I own a ton of nice heels but if I’m not sitting most of the night I can’t wear them. I find wedge heels are ok though because the weight is evenly distributed when you walk so it doesn’t feel like you are wearing heels.

posted over 3 years ago

midwestmayhem
Style_council
midwestmayhem

For me it was something I had to get used to. At first it was hell, but once you start wearing them all of the time you do get used to them. A friend of mine said it best when we were out bar hopping one night, “If women used to wear heels 24/7 every single day than I think I can tough it out for one whole night.”

Also, some heels are easier and less painful than others. Stilettos will be the most painful because they don’t support and distribute your body weight evenly. I find chunky heels (tall or short), wedges, and kitten heels easiest and the lest painful to walk in. :)

posted over 3 years ago

SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

I think of the occasion I’m going to, I usually wear heels to things where there’s a lot of sitting time or very little walking. I think wedges are a nice replacement for height and is less painful.

But I’ve been wearing heels a long time, so it doesn’t hurt me as much. But wearing the right size and fit help out a ton.

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I have a few pairs of heels I can’t wear all day – they hurt too much!

It’s all about finding comfy shoes (and then using insoles, if necessary) and breaking them in (bring bandaids, use vaseline to prevent friction/blisters). Shoes with a platform are normally comfier, especially when paired with a thicker heel as opposed to a stiletto.

There’s just some shoes that will never be comfy.

posted over 3 years ago

PPP
New_user PPP is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When PPP reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PPP

I love to wear heels…
Yes, at the beginning it was pure torture… but my feed got used to it…
And I started buying some shoes that cost more than let’s say EUR 90.00 ! ;-)

posted over 3 years ago

milanchic
New_user milanchic is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When milanchic reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
milanchic

practice, practice, practice. you’ll slowly get used to it. wear them in small increments of time. and then your feet will slowly get used to them:)

posted over 3 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I cant wear heels all day long,its painful

posted over 3 years ago

illq
Style_council
illq

I think it involves a lot of practice but even still it hurts to wear them all day long!

posted over 3 years ago

michelle2119
Style_council
michelle2119

i only stop wearing them for the day when i start getting blisters, not cause my feet hurt

posted over 3 years ago

ClarissaMaureen
New_user ClarissaMaureen is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ClarissaMaureen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ClarissaMaureen

When I was little i walked on my tippy toes all the time so walking around in heels is easy for me. Now when it comes to comfort stay away from stilettos if you weigh 115 pounds you are going to have 115 pounds of pressure on your heels and the balls of your feet! So stick to a wedge or a thicker heel.

posted over 3 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

comfortable shoes, like very cushioned ones mostly expensive shoes have that.
and wedges! and platforms!

posted over 3 years ago

syjjang
Style_council
syjjang

Like others have said, wearing them a lot and just practice will help you tolerate wearing heels alll day :) It’s possible. And it’s a lot easier if you find the right heels(aka ones that are at least somewhat comfy, as opposed to the ones that are hard, rigid and plastic-y)

posted over 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

most shoes you have to break in, even potentially comfortable shoes like flats, so don’t be discouraged if it hurts the first couple times you wear them. I can walk in shoes with thick heels or wedges if they’re 3 inches or less, but I draw the line at stilettos and high heels.

if you’re wearing boots, you can always wear socks (in fact I hope you do) for cushioning, but for anything else choose something that’s at least slightly cushioned.

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

It’s something you definitely have to get used to! I’ve been wearing heels a lot more recently and my feet do hurt less when I wear them now. But it also depends on the particular shoe and the type of heel!! I’m pretty good in wedges and chunky heels but can’t do stilettos!! And my feet do hurt quite a bit after i’ve been standing up for a few hours straight- can people really wear super tall heels for 12 hours straight? :P Try gel insoles for the balls of your feet, which are pretty helpful.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION