Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  asos necklacemodcloth heelswedding style tips
Maryannuera
New_user Maryannuera is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Maryannuera reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Maryannuera

Hi, i just a bought an apple green covered with black lace casual dress, it’s a spaghetti strap with with knee high peplum skirt. I dont know how to accesorize it. Is it ok to wear black stockings with it. I just feel that my legs look leaner wearing black stockings. Thanks..

posted about 2 years ago
RachelleBush
Style_council
RachelleBush

Well it might look ok, but it could also end up making you look a little kiddy like a balllerina. I think I would dress it up with some lovely long earrings, and a long chain that comes maybe to my midriff

posted about 2 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I don’t see what why looking like a ballerina is a bad idea but if you wear black lace stockings with it then wear combat boots. in any event it sounds like a lot of lace which could be bad but I would just have to see the picture.

posted about 2 years ago

Maryannuera

10 points - Become a fan

Maryannuera

Hi, thanks to all your suggestion. I have attached the link of the dress. The first time i saw it, i really fell in love with it. Im attending my cousin’s wedding in Sept and im still thinking of what shoes and accesories that can better suit this elegant dress.

http://m.weheartit.com/entry/45352213

posted about 2 years ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

The dress is beautiful, and very nice for a wedding.

Wearing black stockings with the dress will do no harm in case you will feel more confident that way. But we would suggest you do not opt for lace stockings. Stick to the regular plain ones. Accessorize with a black clutch, black pumps with some detailing like these

If you decide to skip the leggings, do keep the black clutch but you will have more options with the color of the pumps beside black. You can also opt for a nude color of match the apple green. Example here

As far as jewelry is concerned, stick to the minimal. Either go for stud earrings or a thin necklace. Choose a delicate bracelet or one/two rings. So visually the two accessories will be separated and hence it will not look over the top.

These are two of our favorite necklaces to go with the dress this and this

Or from the looks of it in the thumbnail, the necklace in the picture you just updated as your profile pic, may as well match the dress.

posted about 2 years ago

Maryannuera

10 points - Become a fan

Maryannuera

Thank you winknpout, that’s very detailed and informational. Thanks for emphasizing not to wear a black lace stockings. Also, you mentioned about the stud earrings, that was a very good idea, never thought about that coz i always go with long sparkling earrings. Thanks a lot..

posted almost 2 years ago

RachelleBush
Style_council
RachelleBush

I agree with winknpout about the accessories. The dress is outstanding in itsself so minimalistic jewelry will emphasize it more..

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Pretty dress. I would listen to WinknPout as she seems to know what she is talking about. don-t listen to me and those combat boots. that would look hideous now that I have seen the dress.

EricaHart
New_user EricaHart is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When EricaHart reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EricaHart

I can’t imagine it but then putting some neck lace ,bracelet can make your really good even you are using black stocking.In Finland country i seen a fashion style which really stunning by the help some of jewelry like timanttisormus or diamond rings and some silver necklace etc.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION