Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lizzeth
Style_council
Lizzeth

I bought a knee-length high-waisted, black pencil skirt a few months ago and I hardly ever wear it because whenever I do, people ask me if I ’m going to an office or something business-y(Im only 16). I wore it with a flowy floral blouse and a black patent leather waist belt. How can I wear it without it looking too professional?

Heres a link to the skirt:
http://www.nationaljeancompany.com/product_detail.asp?s_pid=3541&colorid=3

posted about 4 years ago
beneaththeglass
Style_council
beneaththeglass

Hi! I recently wore one to work and I looked like a secretary, lol but everyone loved it! here’s the pic: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/212434. Very proper and ladylike :)
However, if I were to dress it down, I would pair it with a white tank top tucked in with black ankle boots and funky jewelry. Hope this helps!

posted about 4 years ago

breathexmichaela
Style_council
breathexmich...

Wear it with a tucked in tank top.

posted about 4 years ago

katharles
Style_council
katharles

I think it depends where you’re wearing it to! One of my girlfriends wore that kind of pencil skirt to a lounge the other night, with a bright red, bustier top. It was really classy, and it was a good choice for a night on the town.

If you’re wearing it casually, I would stay away from anything blouse-like. I’d try some sort of loose-fitting floral tank top, with a fun, patterned belt. I find that mixing patterns works wonders for dressing things down. Also, since the skirt is tight, something loose on top would work really well.

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

try wearing it with a loose/oversized tshirt or singlet tucked in or even over the top.

posted about 4 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

oversized t shirt…and sneakers :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION