Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
akbay
Style_council
akbay

I am in love with this 60s vintage dress that I bought this summer, seen here but I can’t decide what shoes to wear it with other than sandals. I’d really like to move it into fall if possible. I think black shoes, boots would be too dark. Any suggestions? Anyone else with sleeveless shift dresses that they are trying to transition?

posted about 3 years ago
sugarsugar_dina
Style_council
sugarsugar_dina

It might be a little costume-y but white go-go boots would be awesome~

posted about 3 years ago

akbay
Style_council
akbay

Yep, white go-go boots was all I could come up with as well. A bit too costume for me but they would certainly go with the dress. :)

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Adorable dress! And I think it will transition very well into fall with the whole Mod trend going on.

I think ankle boots with a heel would be great, as would basic heeled pumps. And I don’t think the dress would look bad with black tights or shoes, honestly; it would hold the focus on the vibrancy of the dress. You could also pair it with colored tights for a colorblocked effect, or maybe find a patterned tight that isn’t too busy that works with it. White tights or boots would look really ’60s, which could be a good or a bad thing, depending.

On top I think it would be cute with a swing jacket or cardigan.

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Layer it! For your legs: tights, boots, flats, boot heels, wedges, ankle boots, thigh high socks. For up top: cardigans, pullovers, chunky knits, long pea coat, oversized blazer. For colors: taupe, white, black, gray, pastels, the possibilities are endless. Like MurasakiNeko said, make the dress your base then layer according to what look you want to achieve. Experiment!

posted about 3 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

nude wedges:
[wedges]

grey tights:
[tights]
OR for a more bold look:
[tights2]

cardigan:
[cardi1]=

[cardi2]=

[cardi 3]=

add an accessory:
like a scarf:
[scarf]

or necklace:
[necklace]

posted about 3 years ago

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

I think its a little too bright for fall, it looks more like a spring or summer dress because the blue being so bright, but that doesnt mean you still cant wear it.

posted about 3 years ago

jcpenney
Style_council
jcpenney

Cute dress! Try pairing it with a flyaway cardigan, patterned tights and ankle booties. Or with a patterned jacket, tights and suede pumps for a chic, mod look.

posted about 3 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Oxfords or brown ankle boots

posted about 3 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

gray tights and oxford flats would look great with it or black patterned tights and black flats

posted about 3 years ago

akbay
Style_council
akbay

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I wore the dress today with black tights and body suit. Here
I was hoping to find gray tights and bodysuit that would go better with the robin-egg blue color but I haven’t found them yet.

posted almost 3 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

I think brown or grey booties

posted almost 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION