Twitter
Googleplus
Ayetza
New_user Ayetza is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Ayetza reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Ayetza

How can I wear shorts ,skirts and dresses this fall without worrying that my legs look too short and chubby oh and what color tights and prints are good for my to try?

posted almost 3 years ago
midniteblues
Style_council
midniteblues

easy: heels but the most open you can, near the finger and never closed with a bracelet, high waist pants, really short shorts with panties. there is also a sort of silicon thing that you put inside your shoes and you get like an internal heels that no one sees!!!
shorter hair is always better than too long…
hope to be helpful

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

dont wear busy thights,black ones are the best,and use heels to make the leg longer

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Definitely look for high-waisted things: shorts, skirts, even empire-waist dresses. They create the illusion your legs start higher on your body than they actually do.

Heels are most people’s instant fix for short legs. They don’t have to be sky-high to help you out, even just a small wedge makes a difference. However, the higher they are the leaner/longer your leg. Just don’t go so high you can’t actually walk in them!

For tights, go for solids and darker colors, which are slimming. But if you like patterns, choose patterns that create a vertical line running up and down your leg rather than a horizontal one. For example, this, this, or this, not this or this.

akbay
Style_council
akbay

I’m with MuraskiNeko on recommending vertical stripes or vertical patterns. Vertical striped pants like this
or a pencil skirt with vertical stripes like this
Will add miles to your legs.

Dark colors for tights will make your legs look thinner or you can try this year’s popular burgundy

Heels are great but try to avoid shoes that have a strap at the ankle as that cuts off you leg and makes them look shorter.

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

wear high waisted shorts, skirts & wear high heels ;) also high waisted pants with crop tops & platforms!

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

black tights with black shoes will elongate your legs:)

NadiaKay
New_user NadiaKay is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When NadiaKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
NadiaKay

Nude heels are a must! Open toe works well too. For prints I would go for vertical stripes. If you ever see a dress with corset stitching, it works WONDERS! Hope that helps :)

www.NadiaKay.blogspot.com

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

I think some of the people here nailed it down, but I read this helpful article by watermoolen.

How to dress for your height

haybee
New_user haybee is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When haybee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
haybee

Heels/boots, dark skinny jeans, and shorter tops that hit right at the waist of your jeans.

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

heels or ankle boots ..with heels and skinny

posted almost 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

try vertical stripes and dark colors :)

juleenforbes
Style_council
juleenforbes

MINI SKIRT WITH HEELS

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

These tights: http://www.piracyboutique.co.uk/images/tights/black%20vertical%20stripe%20tights.jpg

Or anything with a vertical stripe, really. Especially paired with heels.

Sheer black tights with a seam up the back would create an illusion of length as well, and they give your outfit a nice retro vibe if worn tastefully.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=44889389

Senta
Style_council
Senta

You also can wear neutral tights with nude-pumps and shorts/mini-skirts. And surprisingly I found myself (5’1) looking tall in pleated maxiskirts with high waist. Of course always plus heels. If you want it more comfy, wedges are perfect. You’ve got perfect advice in every comment, you’ve got more freedom in wearing stuff than you may think.

NhiTrinh
New_user NhiTrinh is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When NhiTrinh reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
NhiTrinh

i have the same situation. if u want a causual look then wear skinny jeans a plain top tucked in and wear converse low tops, sandals or flats. that is what i do. don’t wear things with horizontal lines because it has the illusion of making u seem wider and wear highs waisted things like short shorts and pleated skirts etc.

posted over 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

high heel sandals would help, not just heels. Of course weather permitting.

posted over 1 year ago

Crystal94305
Style_council
Crystal94305

Some of the previous answers suggested vertical stripes, but in fact vertical stripes only work when they can stay straight. That means vertical stripes are flattering on a pencil skirt or straight-leg pants/jeans but NOT on skinny jeans, which follow the contour of your legs. More detailed info: http://www.crystaltai.com/node/11

Check out the V-cut booties in the first photo on the same web page mentioned above. V-cut booties can optically lengthen your ankles. When it’s too hot to wear them, choose wedge sandals WITHOUT horizontal straps.

BTW, a high waist only works for jeans, long skirts and pants. If you are showing your calves, a high waist will only lengthen your thighs and may make your calves look shorter by contrast. So, avoid knee-length shorts and below-the-knee pencil skirts. Go for either mid-thigh or ankle length.

posted over 1 year ago

colourofcocktail
Style_council
colourofcock...

I suggest wear transeparent highheel or skin tone heels when you wear shorts or mini skirts
but, if u wear dark tone pants or somthing, wear same colour of shoes.)
I’m sure that it does work well!
check it out

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

wear high shorts…and if you don’t want heels with them then wear flats and make sure the length of the skirt/shorts hit the right mark above knees. i won’t suggest vertical stripes if you have thicker legs(which is not a bad thing, mine are thick as well but toned) as someone else pointed out they work only if the stripes stay in a straight line. as for tights choose darker tones. nude tights usually look too mature to me.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION