Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
NicoleStar91
Style_council
NicoleStar91

I have a lot of clothes and some of them are very nice but I’m just not sure how to put my outfits together. I thought I’d start by listing a few of the pieces I’m not sure how to wear…so can anyone give me advice on how to wear the following (most of these are things I was thinking of throwing out):

black dress pants:

ugg clogs:

thermal leggings:

peachy-pink converse high tops:

light pink coach trenchcoat:

pink and black checkered leggings:

white and gray striped hat and gloves:

jean jackets:

orange jacket:

gray cape (not sure how to describe it):

posted over 5 years ago
cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

umm… if being colorful is your thing my suggestion is, jean jacket with a shirt underneath a white shirt with a print ( vintage-y) then short jean skirt, your pink and black checkered leggings then maybe your converse.

What is the material of your grey/shite striped hat.. i think you can pair that with the black dress pants then just wear heels.

Sorry, i wish i could be more of a help, its kinda hard to put clothes together without seeing them. You could try taking a picture of your clothes. :-)

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

black dress pants: These are pretty much a wardrobe staple and you can wear ’em with anything. Look up photos of Kate Lanphear and see!

thermal leggings: under anything when it’s cold. What colour are they ? you could probably wear them with a short t-shirt dress if they’re nice ….

peachy-pink converse high tops: anything you like!

pink and black checkered leggings:

Denim jacket: I wear mine with a short skirt (if it’s also denim, then preferably a darker shade of it), plain or patterned black tights, and some big boots. Usually DMs.

gray cape (not sure how to describe it): I can’t think exactly, but something fitted on the bottom half so you’re not swamped.

posted over 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

You could wear the checkered leggings with an oversized top/tank. Maybe a white one.

The converse will probably go with a lot. You could go with denim shorts and a plain white top with some jewellery that has jewels and stuff to match the shoes. There’s plenty of girly floral dresses about at the moment. Converse would look great with them to toughen up the girlyness a bit. You could also have the tops of them untied or folded over if they look nice on the inside too and wear them with skinny jeans.

light pink coach trenchcoat could be worn with a dark colored pair of skinny or skinny flare jeans, a patterned top and heeled pumps.

jean jackets would go with light summer dresses. If it’s a dark colour it would go well with light/pastel coloured dresses, if it’s a light colored one or acidwash it would go with floral dresses. Bitchtits suggestion is a good one too.

posted over 5 years ago

mariarenee
Style_council
mariarenee

peachy-pink converse high tops: keep an eye out for a floral print dress that has a color similar to the peachy pink in the shoes. try adding your jean jacket and see how it looks :)

pink and black checkered leggings: i’d also wear these with an oversized/long white top or tunic of some kind, probably with a black jacket and black heels or flats. since pink and black checkers are “a whole lot of look” as tim gunn would say, keep the rest of your outfit basic.

white and gray striped hat and gloves: i don’t know what these look like exactly, but judging from color and pattern, i think they’d look good with navy blue (a sweater or blazer or something maybe?), a white top of some kind, shorts with tights and gold accessories.

jean jackets: i love jean jackets with floral print skirts and dresses.

gray cape (not sure how to describe it): i agree with poorandweird that whatever you wear on bottoms should be fitted – leggings maybe, or shorts with tights, depending on the length.

the best recommendation i can give though is to just play around with your clothes. a lot of times when i’m bored i just go into my room and put on some good music and play “dress up”. i try all kinds of combinations to see what looks good and what doesn’t – you never know until you try it on. it’s really fun! good luck!

posted over 5 years ago

harleygrant
Style_council
harleygrant

black dress pants: As has been said, these are pretty basic. Wear with a blouse or a crisp, ironed shirt.

thermal leggings: It depends on the colour, but these are good under dresses in the winter.

peachy-pink converse high tops: These sound nice. I’d team them with basics so the colour of the shoes pops out.

light pink coach trenchcoat: Again, sounds lovely! I think coats don’t necessarily have to match what’s on underneath them perfectly. It’d probably look lovely with dark blue jeans though.

pink and black checkered leggings: A short black dress would probably look cool with these – very ska.

white and gray striped hat and gloves: These sound like they’ll go with a lot, so I’d save them for winter.

jean jackets: Good over florals, and with pretty much any dress – blue denim goes with everything.

orange jacket: I have an orange coat which I adore. I wear it over plain looking outfits (ie: all black, for example) to add some brightness. I did wear it with a navy jumper last month, and it looked quite nice. Use it to add boldness.

gray cape (not sure how to describe it): As most others have said, keep the bottom slim so you’re in proportion.

All this stuff sounds pretty nice, if I’m honest – I definitely wouldn’t get rid of anything. Unfortunately I have no idea what you mean by “ugg clogs”, so wasn’t able to comment. I agree with mariarenee – play dress up! It’s enjoyable and ensures you get the most from your wardrobe. Enjoy yourself. :)

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

that light pink coach trench would be fab with a white oxford and straight leg khaki’s. very chic audrey hepburn like.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION