Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
deargirl
Style_council
deargirl

I wonder how Chictopia works…how the interaction is made, does it have to be when somebody comments you have to comment back? How does the photo blog get exposed more?

posted about 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I don’t think there’s one magic way to “get noticed” and get more comments and votes on your pictures. It’s frustrating when you’re just starting out because it takes a while for people to start interacting with you. But I would recommend a combination:

Making friends. A lot of people regularly check and vote on their friends, and it’s easy to make the first move by just sending a request.

Commenting on others’ photos, especially in the New Photos gallery. (People in the Style Gallery usually have too many comments to reciprocate to everyone who comments). Not everyone automatically comments back, but many people do. It’s a good way to make new friends, too.

Posting links to Chictopia on a personal non-Chictopia blog, if you have one.

Making posts in the forum. Especially when people ask styling questions, if you wore something you could use as an example, put a link to it. But make sure it’s relevant and not just shameless pimping!

Pay attention to the time of day (in your time zone) the site is most active. If you post your outfit so it’s on the top of your friends’ friends page and the first page of New Photos at a time when the most people are on the site, more people will notice it.

And of course it’s important to take quality photos of well-styled outfits in the first place. You seem to be doing well with this already, though!

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION