Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LaPetiteTortue
Style_council
LaPetiteTortue

My sister gave me her long sleeve crochet top that she didn’t want anymore. I like it, but I would absolutely love it if it had short sleeves. Is there a way I can cut the sleeves off without it unraveling? (The top is 72% silk and 28% rayon)

posted almost 3 years ago
Jimmy82
Style_council
Jimmy82

Crochet…I don’t think so…unless you sewed/crocheted the area where you cut it – I think it will just unravel. Roll the sleeves up.

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Jimmy82 is right – the shirt won’t last long if you do, unless you find a way to seal the edges that you cut so it won’t unravel.

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Depending on the shirt, you might be able to just unravel the whole sleeve to the point where you want it, and then tie the ends.
If this ain’t possible, then maybe take the whole sleeve off if there is a shoulder seam?

Other that that, i agree with the previous posts about leaving it alone and just rolling the sleeves.

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

maybe roll sleeves up and sew it ?

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

1. Mark how short you want to crop the sleeves
2. Paint around each individual strand with clear nail polish, around teh part where you’re gonna cut it
3. Let it dry
4. Cut it off
5. Paint each end of the strand so it doesn’t fray

I did something similar to a sheer blouse I had (except i got too lazy to sew it up). The only thing to worry about it is that it might feel a bit scratchy and stiff.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION