Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
studiojohnny
Style_council
studiojohnny

I am loathe to invoke the H word; however, there is truly no better way to quickly describe what I’m looking for.

We’ve all seen the thick, black, plastic hipster glasses. They’re everywhere. I would like to buy a pair, but I don’t know where to look. I would be using them as prescription eyewear.

Where ought I be looking?

Or better yet: what specific frames do you recommend?

posted about 5 years ago
blonderedhead
Style_icon
blonderedhead

i highly recommend fronting the cash for some serious eyewear. rayban still makes some glasses. i think versace might also. shop around on framesdirect.com to find what you’re looking for.

posted about 5 years ago

Atlus
Style_council
Atlus

like blonderedhead said above, Rayban might be your best bet. They are very popular right now too. The style of glasses I believe you’re thinking of was pretty popular in the late 50’s and 60’s and it’s seeing a revival.

But don’t forget, just because you like the look of certain glasses on other people doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best fit for you! Try different frames on and see what really fits YOU in general. Almost any frames are good, per se, as long as you sport them well! You’ll be surprised how well certain frames work for you compared to the ones you think you wanted. But if the ones you wanted look amazing on you, then all the better!

posted about 5 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

If you re in england, I have thick frames (which are prescription..none of the fake glass bullcrap for me!) although I did not intend to be hipster, I just bought them cos I love them

..anywho, I got mine from glassesdirect.com, they were the Mai Tai brand but they also do some more style like that. But this is in england. Maybe somewhere like zennioptical if you’re in the US?

posted about 5 years ago

genebeeb
Style_council
genebeeb

Ebay!
I bought myself a pair from the 60’s for $15, then got my prescription put in the frames.

posted about 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

Vintage eyeglasses are often passed on at thrift stores, since they have prescriptions already filled in them. But many optomestrists will re-fill your prescription into a pair of vintage frames! Just check around and find one who will. Then start thrifting!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION