SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ashlynleigh
Style_council
ashlynleigh

Hello everyone :)
I recently bought these super duper cute black highwaisted shorts with tiny ( about the size of the o on the keyboard) polka dots on them. While I think they’re adorable, I have no idea what to wear for my top (By the way they are stretchy material and look like a skirt when worn)! I want something cute, but not too hot because I’m weraing them to a vacation in Hawaii.

the shapes like this —→ http://www.etsy.com/listing/46002076/reconstructed-high-waisted-polka-dot

Thanks loves!
posted almost 4 years ago
MaeGal
Style_council
MaeGal

Very cute!
I agree with Sarabear. A white tank top would look nice.
I would also try with a light weight, light colored cardigan.

kat18
Style_council
kat18

Yeah if your wearing it to Hawaii a white tank top and layer on the accessories and some nice walking shoes(sandals,not flip-flops,wedges,espadrilles).

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i agree with the white tank top and espadrilles. Those are really cute! If you were looking for more coverage from the sun, you could try a nice short-sleeved thin peter-pan blouse too :)

ashlynleigh
Style_council
ashlynleigh

Thanks everyone!
Any accessories in mind?

kat18
Style_council
kat18

Stack on bangles (maybe in turquoise,gold,oranges,wooden)rings,and maybe a necklace that stands out(you should go and look at charlotte russe.com or their stores,they have a lot of beautiful accessories,I found one with a silver turtle with a silver turtle with a teal stone in the middle=)).Just don’t put on too many accessories so that their won’t be a jewelery overload and then no one will pay attention to what you have on.

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

so cute! I was thinking it would be like a fitted high waisted short, but it turned our to be a skort~ so fun and flirty. love blue and polkadots.

for accessories, i’m a minimalist when it comes to styling, and i think i would pair this with cute casual sneakers, like blue pinstriped canvas sneakers from keds or something, and a slouchy brown leather bag with long straps so it just hangs low on your hips to complete the casual out and about look.

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

a white tank is good, but a bit boring. you’re on vacaion go bright and fun with red or pinks or blues(:

VivaciousVee
Style_council
VivaciousVee

Oh these shorts are so adorable. I think a red top would give the shorts a cool pop of color.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

The shorts sound cute! I agree with what everyone had said. You could always just wear a plain singlet or tshirt tucked in, and then match it with lots of different accessories like chunky bangles, coloured scarves, layered necklaces. Because the shorts are black, pretty much any colour of top or accessories would look good with it! A cute bolero would look good too, or a sheer white blouse!

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

cute! red and white striped tank for a nautical look? ooo but that might clash with the dots if they’re too big

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

they are very nice, you can wear a white shirt with them

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION