Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
schizzoid
Style_council
schizzoid

The image that comes to mind when I think “high-waisted” is that of mom jeans. You know, long-flat-butted mom jeans that are designed to hold her belly pooch in…

I have short legs so high-waisted jeans and such are supposed to help make my legs look longer, but I can’t bring myself to buy anything like that. Isn’t it uncomfortable when you sit down and your pants crease at the belly?

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Ease yourself into the trend with high waisted skirts and shorts. They’re a less daunting way of wearing the high waist and are a good choice until you’re ready to really stand out in high waisted jeans.

Also I have high waisted shorts and they’re more comfortable than low waist ones, even when sitting down.

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

High waisted pants are ok as long as you’re not short-waisted in addition to being shorter. Otherwise, it can look like boobs + legs. It’s not that uncomfortable as long as you get ones that fit properly, not too tight and not too loose. If you’re still unsure about high waisted pants, you can always fake it with a great chunky belt or small corset that accentuates your waist and gives a similar silhouette.

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

I love high waisted pants, they give me a better shape. I would say if you’re not quite sure, don’t go for a super high rise, maybe like, just below the belly button, and not over it.

posted over 4 years ago

schizzoid
Style_council
schizzoid

Oh great advice everyone thanks a bunch :) I will definitely shy away from the super-high waists and maybe try some of those alternatives oyitsjess suggested.

posted over 4 years ago

tulleorama
Style_council
tulleorama

The pleated high waisted trousers that are “in” (blech) right now are probs the best way to assimilate yourself into pants if you ever want to. They’re nice and loose and comfortable and such.

Chloé did a pair, although I’m way too lazy to find a pic for you. They were rly pretty though.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION