Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
v_toria
Style_council
v_toria

I have a slightly curvy stomach and I was just wondering if you guys think that high waisted jeans would look okay. Thanks!

posted over 4 years ago
anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

I’m short (5" 2’) and curvy (120lbs) and high waisted jeans make me look curvier. =/

posted over 4 years ago

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

just wear a pair of heels to elongate the body and it shld be ok

posted over 4 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I think nope !

cause im 5 feet and 123 pounds, and the damn high waisted thing makes me look like im 140 pounds

posted over 4 years ago

JunkyardDreams
Style_council
JunkyardDreams

I like them as long as theyre a dark wash. I tried on a pair of highwaisted shorts once that looked great…just didnt know what to wear them with.

posted over 4 years ago

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

depends how curvy, if it’s not too bad then they should look fine.

posted over 4 years ago

elifongut
Style_council
elifongut

well i find high waisted jeans quite stylish but it depends on how you wear it they could be casual or you could just make it more chic with some high heels :)
and i agree that its not very suitable for every body types

posted over 4 years ago

thelittleantlers
Style_council
thelittleant...

I have the same problem.. I haven’t brought any high waisted jeans before.. Although I have high waisted denim shorts, they have 3 large buttons on the front which pulls everything in, so if the jeans were like that I don’t see why not :) and like JunkyardDreams says, dark wash would probably be best :)

posted over 4 years ago

bjkdAnc3r
New_user bjkdAnc3r is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When bjkdAnc3r reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bjkdAnc3r

love them, but they would look terrible on me. i’m too short for them & they would make me look dumpy.

posted over 4 years ago

nekorine
Style_council
nekorine

I am 170cm (have no idea how the feet and inches work…) and I have a wider hip and a decent waist also high waist jeans is something I can’t live without.

I’m sure you could pull them off. But go around to different places to try them on. For high waist try to find a pair that is half a size smaller than your regular jeans to see the fit.

But be aware, don’t get the so called “high waisted” jeans that don’t even come up close to the belly button but over the hips a little that isn’t “high waist”.
High waist (especially in black) hides my food baby pretty well. Also yellow high waist are so sexy and classy and really high lights the curves

posted over 3 years ago

NancetteImage
Style_council
NancetteImage

I think it really depends on the jean you choose. As long as it is a pretty stiff pair that does not have a lot of stretch I think it will hold in any areas that you are more conscious of. The ones that have a ton of stretch could cause you to look bigger :(

posted over 3 years ago

ilovemesomejess
Style_council
ilovemesomejess

i’m 5’4 135lbs i love high waist clothing hugs my curves and shows them off but i love my hip/butt area :)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION