Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xxepcxx11
Style_council
xxepcxx11

1. Can someone post pics of outfits of how to be highly fashionable on a low budget without being a slut?
2. Can someone post pics of fashionable glasses because I half to wear them all the time but I am getting contacts tomorrow but for back up I am getting glasses so someone post some fashionable glasses please!
3. Can someone post pics of outfits that involves wearing glasses?
4. Also a make up list and make up tips on a low budget as well and the colors half to be fitting a olive skin tannish dark brown haired brown eyes?
THANKS!

also if possible can someone be a I dont know a online stylist for me please! So I can just email you for tips but u half to know everything on style! Also on a budget thanks!

posted over 4 years ago
foxyybran
Style_council
foxyybran

As far as makeup goes if you want cheap try Almay, it’s hypoallergenic, and it’s good makeup. Glasses can go with anything so your good there.. You should get something that you like and think you look good in!
If you want fashion on a low budget start thrifting.

posted over 4 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I’m definitely on a budget—most of my clothes were bought with my minimum wage pay…and I definitely don’t think I look slutty! :)
Thick black nerd frames on glasses are “in” right now, but glasses should really be bought with consideration to your face shape. Is your face round/square/oval, etc.
You can do a search on the site for people with glasses—there’s gotta be tons out there, heck my old pictures involve glasses!
As for make up…I’m clueless there. Good luck with everything!

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I know what it’s like being on a budget. It’s definitely tough when you want something but it costs as much as one paycheck!

For makeup, you can try drugstore brands, but I find that for mineral makeup, nothing beats Everyday Minerals. Try out their sample kit for free and only pay shipping which is less than $5 for 3 base colors, 1 blush, and 1 concealer. You can test it out to find what colors work best for you and it’s pretty darn cheap. I’ve used the sample kit for over 2 months and it’s not even empty yet! Then again, I don’t like to cake on my makeup.

As for how to wear makeup with glasses, use your frames as the focal point. So you can do with minimal eyeshadow but play up your cheeks and lips. Pink/corals look decent for blush and dark plums and rich metallics are great for eyes. For more professional advice, go to a makeup counter and get a free makeover, you can ask questions and they’ll definitely help you out!

Here’s a video tutorial about makeup with glasses, though I think it’s a bit too much makeup for daily wear and I’m not a fan of lower false lashes…but it’s a good starter:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-91-EqPzSiRA/makeup_for_glasses/

For clothes, you can do a lot with a little…accessories go a long way if you got the basics. Thrift stores are helpful if you can stand sifting through the racks. Low budget retail stores also have a lot of items that are trendy without being skanky…Target, Walmart, Forever21, H&M, Zara, TJ Maxx, etc. Find what you love and go with it. Pick a picture you’d want to emulate and take it with you to go shopping, it definitely helps when you’re figuring out how to put together an outfit.

posted over 4 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I’m definitely a bargain hunter, none of my clothes are slutty. But I would try looking the stores oyitsjess talked about.

Makeup is something that it very hit or miss. Something I love are the lipgloss by covergirl. They look nice and I recommend getting a few in light pinks and nudes. I’m slightly tan and olive skin, I notice that brown eyeliner looks better than black.

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 61939 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 61939 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

just wanted to say “ditto” to all the great advice already here.

Also, I suggest you use the search feature and the “people like me” options on the site. Those will give you examples of many things you’ve asked about. Also check out fashion blogs for examples. It takes awhile to develop style. You have to invest some time and do some research. It doesn’t happen overnight and there is no magical 1-2-3 guidebook. :)

As far as cheap price = slutty, well that’s just not true. You can buy nothing but high end designer clothes and still put an outfit together that looks slutty-trashy. You can buy nothing but under $10 bargain items and still not look slutty-trashy. It all depends on the person and how they combine things. Most of the people I read about here are all on a budget. There’s even an article in EIU about bargain shopping. As I said, spend some time and do some research. Gather images. Bookmark pages. Google for tips. :)

For makeup, I’ve always loved Kevyn Aucoin’s Making Faces That book totally changed how I viewed makeup. Most of the things in there are more for office or night-out makeup, but can easily be toned down for every day. IIRC the Bobbi Brown books are good for simple everyday makeup. .

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 61939 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When 61939 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

P.S. – Chictopia IS your “online stylist you email for tips”. That’s what the site is. :) Asking for someone to be your personal email stylist here is kinda like going on Amazon.com and asking someone to buy your books for you. ;)

I suggest posting pics of your outfits and asking for feedback on specific things. Also, look at other people’s outfits and see what works and what doesn’t. Read their comments to see what people are responding to.

posted over 4 years ago

phantasy
Style_council
phantasy

I’ve found on a budget, there is a cheaper version of everything out there. What depends is the quality and many times the quality is the same. I think its okay to splurge on a cool, maybe pricer item at least once a season.

I’d suggest keeping up with blogs and lookbooks. Try to remember which pieces you like and then keep your eye out when going bargain shopping for something similar. Even then, pairing them together will take practice. Also I suggest creating a small list for yourself, mental or physical, of what you need in your wardrobe.

As ms_dyno said, developing a style will take awhile. Like any design or art, you have to train your eye to spot something good automatically. Also when starting, you can’t buy everything at once, it’ll take a couple seasons of keeping a sharp eye out. I learned a lot my first months at chictopia and kept items in mind while I shopped. But because I quit looking for a few months, my style is still lacking.

Good luck!

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

A lot of questions here! I agree with what everyone has said :)
I don’t really know anything about makeup but I do know stuff about glasses cos I wear them everyday :P As Clotheshorse said, ‘nerd’ frames are in fashion right now but don’t buy them/any other pair just because they are, think about what styles will suit your face shape, because you’ll have your glasses maybe even for several years and they do cost a heck of a lot of money! so you want a frame that you won’t get sick of wearing, one that will suit your face. I think rectangular frames look good most people, and i’d suggest getting frames that are black, dark or neutral colours so they’ll match with everything. unless you want something that will always stand out, like bright red frames, then go for it :D Try on heaps of different styles before you pick one.

I’m on a very strict budget. As the others have said, department/chain stores like Target etc have heaps of nice clothes which are on trend and don’t cost too much. and chain stores are constantly having sales! you could also look online for big warehouse sales/factory outlets near you. Thrifting is also another really great way to find unique items- i buy so many of my clothes second hand.

The ultimate thing to consider is that everyone has different tastes! Look in the style gallery to find inspiration and see what kind of styles you like and decide what items you want from there.
It takes time to develop a great wardrobe of clothes… i agree, accessories are a great way to liven up an outfit. :D

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION