Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
supergirl182
Style_council
supergirl182

Hi! I realise this is a re-post but I only just found out that there was THIS board, so… (I’m new)
anyway, please help!

Today I purchased a pair of royal/electric blue skinnies because of its immaculate fitting (I have huge calves so it was a rare find) but alas, have realised that everything I wear with them appears emo!

I want to look fashionable in a way that separates me from the twelve year old emo crowd…. Help! Please!

posted about 5 years ago
sherriehang
Style_council
sherriehang

First of all, congrats on your great find! Electric blue skinnies, if I could pull them off like Kristen Stewart or Hayley Williams, I would.. but I can’t. So, again, congratulations!

Hm… there are many options to help you appear less emo. Tie your hair up – or any thing that has to do with moving your hair out of your face (braids, cute headbands, clips, scrunchies, etc.) Or, wear sandals and not necessarily converse, vans, etc. Wear a cute, feminine top with the jeans, perhaps.

Emmy Rossum wears her blue pants in a cute, happy way: http://www.chicintuition.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/blue-jeans1.jpg

Ashlee Simpson and Posh: http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/3987/17_2007/blue.jpg

Then again, there’s nothing wrong with appearing emo. As long as you don’t act the same way the 12-year old emo crowd acts.

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Immediately I thought of a pretty white top. Not too feminine if it’s not your style, but if it is, I’m sure it’d look absolutely lovely :)

And some pretty shoes. By all means, wear sneakers if you want, but if you’re trying to avoid looking like the twelve year old emos, wear nicer shoes :)

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Heels or nice boots plus a flowing blouse would counteract the emo effect. The skinnies will look more elegant and sophisticated.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION