Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
literalloren
Style_council
literalloren

How can one transition from short, bob-length hair to long, past-your- shoulders hair? Do you have to pull it back everyday in the ugly stage? Is weekly trimming required to add shape?

-Literal Loren

posted about 3 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

it’s kind-of a sacrifice either way:

don’t trim: go through the awkward in-between stages of hair
trim: takes a lot longer for it to grow out

maybe layer it to keep the length but add some shape? as long as the hair that frames your face is fine, it’s probably fine either way.

posted about 3 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

You could try some clip in hair extensions or go to a really good hair studio just for a shape advice. otherwise you could use all kind of hair accessories like bandanas, or colorful elastics to pull it over in a nice elegant sleek look

posted about 3 years ago

IHeartStilettos
Style_council
IHeartStilettos

I totally feel your pain! I mostly pulled back my hair, put whether you need to trim weekly depends on your hairstyle, like was stated previously. I know since I have really thick hair, I had to trim it every 2 weeks or it looked like I had an afro.

posted about 3 years ago

venusys
Style_council
venusys

Ah, what i did was to braid them or bun them not too tightly. I think it kinda help.
If you often have split ends, then i’d suggest you trim it every few weeks

posted about 3 years ago

LUVAct101
Style_council
LUVAct101

do trim every 3 weeks to get rid of dead hair cells and split ends, this will help speed up growth. Also, when you shampoo and condition your hair massage your scalp, don’t rake it with your fingernails or a brush(this can also cause split ends if you brush wet hair, use a detangling spray) this with activate all the unused hair cells in reguarlarly untouched parts of your hair. and don’t too anythin that causes your hair to be pulled tight and hrd away from your scalp, this will just yank out hair. loose braids and ponys are fine

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

yeah like what most have said you should try putting it up or braiding it. A few years ago i had a terribly short fringe (i went to a salon and the bitch cut my fringe so short it was literally an inch long!) i would pin it up and when it got longer i would braid it everyday and pin it back and that made the fringe grow out a lot faster. I’ve also had really short hair and i when i wanted it to grow faster i wore my hair in a pony tail for a few weeks and that made a big difference with growth. So you might have to wear your hair up for a while but doing that will definitely help your hair grow faster. it sucks, but eventually it will go through that ugly stage and be the length you want it to be! I am still trying to grow my hair out and it tends to go through ugly stages every once in a while and that happens with growing out hair you just have to improvise in the mean time! I would suggest not trimming it for a couple months and do not use heating tools in that time. That will cause breakage and you don’t want that when trying to grow your hair! So for the time being give your hair a styling break and it will be shoulder length in no time.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION