Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
stylebyhyc
Style_council
stylebyhyc

okay, so my mom’s been scolding me for wearing silver rings with my gold necklace… she says that they’re a “tacky” mix and don’t go well together… and that I should wear gold with gold & silver with silver accessories… but I think silver+gold are alright as long as they’re worn well and as long as they’re not bulky/big pieces…
WHAT DO YOU THINK? yes? or a no no?

posted over 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think it depends on the accessories themselves and how they’re mixed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

posted over 5 years ago

briclark
Style_council
briclark

i honestly think it is fine. and have never really seen anything wrong with it.

my bestfriend always has on a whole bunch of necklaces (chains, strings, etc) and rings. different colors. gold and silver. and it really doesn’t look bad. to me.

posted over 5 years ago

goin
Style_council
goin

i love the look of mixed metals, but i think the problem with matching jewelry is (as mentioned above by zeitgeist) the theme and not the color.

posted over 5 years ago

stylebyhyc
Style_council
stylebyhyc

I agreee!!! The theme is important not the color :)
thanks for the posts!
oooh, and I love House of Harlow
accessories!! esp. the resin necklace but…
I’m pretty much out of funds these days… lol maybe later ;)

posted over 5 years ago

fernandaP
Style_council
fernandaP

I think it goes well when you mix to make it looks like mixed. For example, gold and silver rings together (besides it depends on the kind of jewel) and a purse made of both, and not a silver earring and a gold purse..

posted over 5 years ago

needleninja
Style_council
needleninja

there is always opposites that will attract as well as similarities. so therefore, you can wear it freely.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION