Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mielle_s
Style_council
mielle_s

I am very happy with my 34A cup size, but it does make shopping harder. I am also petite overall 5’4’’ and 115 lbs. I get lost in a lot of blouses and dresses designed for more average women and would love some tips from the community that go beyond the obvious of “wear form fitting tops.” What are some good overall combinations? What are some good designers and or stores for my body type?

I notice a lot of girls on this site with my body type end up emphasizing the legs a lot, but I am not THAT leggy.

I want to emphasize that I won’t wear a padded or push up bra — it just isn’t me.

Sorry for the long question and thanks for the advice!

posted about 4 years ago
evil_tomato
Style_council
evil_tomato

hey, have you noticed that both Asos and Topshot carry clothes for petite women :)

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?beginIndex=0&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&categoryId=209819&parent_category_rn=208536&langId=-1&top=Y

http://www.asos.com/Women/Petite/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=4177

hope this helps you :)

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

You’re lucky, in my opinion. I would go for a lot of v-neck stuff! especially sundresses, so you don’t have to worry about a bra. Also, you may not SEEM THAT LEGGY but let me tell you, in a short little floaty dress and high heels, they WILL look very long lol my legs are stubby little things, but when I work with the proportions they look hot :D

posted about 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I’m a petite, small-chested chictopian, so you’re not alone. There are a lot of fun thing you can do to draw attention to or balance out your small chest You can wear horizontal stripes on top! You can wear deep or wide v-necks! You can wear a brighter color on top! You can wear an empire-waist dress or tunic (and belt certain dresses under your chest to make it look like an empire waist). I’ve got plenty of photos for all of these suggestions right here on my Chictopia blog.

posted about 4 years ago

SanjaJUNGLE
Style_council
SanjaJUNGLE

I have the same bra size and I’m 170 cm tall. I don’t mind that I’m small breasted, I hate push up bras, and I love that I can sometimes wear no bra at all. I don’t see any problems with clothes, I wear what I wanna wear, oversized stuff and tank tops also.
And the ting I like is strepless tops and dresses that you can totally wear and not be vulgar :)

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

little bra company makes amazing bras for petite busted women :) they carry 26A-36B

also, victoria’s secret has some amazing padded bikinis

posted about 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

I’m a 32B, but I’m of average height (5’4" or 160 cm) with fairly broad shoulders. 115-120 lbs. My legs aren’t super thin or long, and my ankles look a little chunky. Just how I’m built. Personally, I don’t run into a lot of problems with my breast size—it seems ideal for clothes, actually.

If you’re in the market for office-friendly clothing like blouses, I recommend against cotton button ups. They’re not very flattering on small busts, in my opinion.

What look super hot are silk blouses. All my dressy tops are made from flowy, drapey fabrics like satin and chiffon. They’re also all from the thrift store. I find that one of the easiest things to thrift is dressy and office-friendly blouses.

Check out smaller, more boutique-y thrift shops for nice blouses. Where I live, the American Cancer Society Discovery Shops, children’s hospital benefit shops, an Episcopal Church-run shop, and Goodwills in gentrified downtown areas have high-quality stuff.

I don’t think dress pants look good on shorter, small-busted women. It works on tall, thin women, but not on people of our build. Opt instead for a-line or pencil skirts that end just above the knee or higher. Never wear a hem that ends below your knee. It inevitably makes you look stubby.

High waists are also a must. If you wear your skirts and pants higher on your waist, it makes your legs look longer. And, if you are wearing a drapey, loose top, it makes a lovely little poufy shape that helps with the boob issue.

Surplice tops and dresses look best on women who are at least a full B-cup, in my opinion. You need a little cleavage to make it work.

I love scoopneck and v-neck shirts. Not a fan of most crewnecks, except on vintage tees, which also look awesome with small boobs. Poly-cotton blends or vintage cotton tees are thin, so they drape. Sweetheart necklines do not look very good on small boobs. Cowl necks on fine-gauge knits and jersey pieces are really nice on small boobs, too.

Avoid thick-knit, chunky sweaters. They just obscure what you got goin’ on and make your torso look shapeless.

In the winter, try pea coats, which follow the contour of your torso better than single-row coats.

Layering can also help you play up your assets. If you wear a dress, throw on a cropped vest or jacket to bring attention to your bust. On chilly days, wear delicate cardigans buttoned up to just below your breasts over tanks and camis.

Empire waist dresses can look awesome, but avoid straight-up babydoll silhouettes. They make your figure totally disappear. I almost always belt my dresses for casual wear (unless they are empire-waisted or just unsuitable for belting). This makes your waist look small, if done right, which makes your boobs look bigger by comparison. It also helps create an hourglass figure.

I guess the upshot of this is “drape, drape, drape!” and “thin fabrics.”

Really great decades of fashion for this body type are the 20s, the 60s, and the 80s. (In my mind, the 70s are about statuesque, busty women—think Donna on That 70s Show. The 50s and the New Look silhouette demand some boobage to balance the full skirts. I’m still processing the 90s and the 00s.)

I hope this helps!

posted about 4 years ago

Ellide
Style_council
Ellide

I wear a 32AA and I don’t wear padded bra’s either. I agree with you that sometimes it can be hard to find clothing. Some shirts are just more flattering on a larger chest, but, some clothing is more flattering on a small chest =)
I’ve always read that if you have a small chest, wear tops with details on the chest: ruffles, beading, ruching, etc.. Empire tops/dresses.
I wear clothing that they say doesn’t work well with a small chest, like dolman sweaters because it doesn’t “accent my shape”. But I like it and thats all that matters to me. Wear what makes you happy =) I don’t mind having a small chest and it seems like you don’t either. That confidence will make you look so much more beautiful than a top can ever do =)

posted about 4 years ago

Chelsea_TSS
Style_council
Chelsea_TSS

I’m also the same size and I celebrate it – so much more comfortable working out at the gym than if I had something in the way lol. Here’s some tips I picked up along the way:

-Rouching around the bust area enhances it
-go for boatneck necklines which will also emphasize your chest
-colour blocking done right can also help – lighter colours on your chest and dark in other areas tricks the eyes
-stripes can also emphasize it
-v-necks and low cut shirts/dresses are our friends!

Here’s some places to shop online for petites:

Spiegel.com
Ann Taylor
Asos
Miss Selfridge
Nordstrom

Happy Shopping!

~Chels
The Shopping Supplement

posted about 4 years ago

Jolenevuong
Style_council
Jolenevuong

i like the flat chested look! very high-fashion…
alot of designer clothes is designed for that stuff!

posted about 4 years ago

wardrobewars
Style_council
wardrobewars

I am a fan of the flat chested look. I don’t wear padded bras ever, prefer the soft cup ones for the almost invisible look. As “Jolenevuong” said it is a very high fashion look. I’m 5’8.5" and a 32AA (sometimes A!!) – I constantly look at model off duty pictures to get inspiration. I don’t look that modely or anything but that style that they wear is very flattering to flatter girls. I consider myself lucky not to have a bust – I am confident just throwing on a loose tank or whatever and knowing that it will drape nicely. Sure there have been many times when dresses looked awful because I didn’t fill them out but for every bad one there are also many more beautiful options.
Embrace what you have – don’t fake it. Most people are naturally in proportion, we mess that up ourselves by changing what we’ve got – push up bras, loosing weight, gaining weight etc.

xoxo

The Wardrobe Wars : take a look, we’d love your feedback – follow if you like what you see!

posted about 4 years ago

JessyDust
Style_council
JessyDust

Interesting that you ask this because I recently did a series of interviews on women with A-cups or smaller. Just gathered opinions on what they think society’s standards are on women with small breasts. A few men were also interviewed.

Fashion tips were also given by the interviewed bloggers. Check it out here!
http://thelittledustprincess.blogspot.com/search/label/Interviews

posted about 4 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

well, definitely stay away from marciano, like the brand guess. that stuff’s made for larger chested women.

i have a 32AA, i like wearing more loose fitting tops myself. i think it makes it less obvious that you’re flat chested. i wear alot of fluttery, flowy chiffon-like fabrics. i also wear a lot of v neck shirts and sweetheart necklines.
and maybe it’s just me but low cut tops look way better on flat chested girls than high cut ones (high cut meaning ones that are on typical scoopneck shirts).

posted about 4 years ago

JamieSaunders
Style_council
JamieSaunders

Stay away from plunging neckline. As it will draw more attention to your breasts. Key is distraction or diversion. Draw attention to your strong points. For bras, having padded or gel bras helps alot. But most of the times, a wrong bra fit (even in pushups) will make the cups gape. Bottom line is find the correct bra size, if nothing fits, bra inserts are available to lessen gaping in your bras.

posted about 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

aaaah! i love this thread. I’m 5’3 with a 32A chest. I always use push ups, but I love lower cut shirts (usually a very much V-neck or scoop). I do show off my legs alot just so I don’t get attention up top. I don’t have anything to necessarily add, I just wanted to express my happiness of this thread haha.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION